"Horizontal bar" adapter for ladies bikes

Jaco Steyn

Hi all, A colleague of mine asked me today, "because you are a cyclist and might know", that apparently you get an adapter to put on a ladies bike or a bike with a fairly sloping top tube in order to make it horizontal so that you can transport it using a bike caddy. Have any of you seen such an item, because I certianly have not, but he insits that he has seen such an adapter. I do apologise for my poor description, but it is the best I can do for now.

It is not only used on womens' bikes, but also on bikes with unusual frames, such as the guitar frame, Y-frame and other crazy inventions. It has a cutesy name like a T-bone or something. Just go to your friendly Bike Caddy shop and ask for a t-bone-thingy. They'll know exactly what you're talking about.

JB

steynja, Metro Cycles in Vanderbijl or Saley's will be able to help you.  I know slowpoke uses one for her MTB, so you might want to give them a call.

Ewep, I will tell him to contact Christo tomorrow morning. Thanks for the help. BTW, I see this post will be number 99 for me. What happens on 100?Confused