Saddle bag mounting?

nacho!

I bought a saddle bag today and when I got home I realised the saddle doesn't have the convensional two iron bars on the bottom, but instead one piece and that the saddle bag can't fit underneath. Does anyone know how to modify the bag's mounting cause now that I think of it, I've never seen a fitting for such saddle?

Ok you did not specify whether it was mtb or road.  If its road you should be shot for using a saddle bag.  If its an mtb you should be a survival expert and not need a bag full of spares just your  swiss army knife in your pocket and you can fix anything that may go wrong

Ok you did not specify whether it was mtb or road.  If its road you should be shot for using a saddle bag.  If its an mtb you should be a survival expert and not need a bag full of spares just your  swiss army knife in your pocket and you can fix anything that may go wrong

Can someone please explain to me why some people hate saddle bags on a road bike?

? If its road you should be shot for?using a saddle bag.

Can someone please explain to me why some people hate saddle bags on a road bike?

I have no idea why someone would not have a saddle bag on a road bike. He is either a wannabe with lycra booties and white socks halfway up his calves or extremely lucky to never get punctures.

Regarding the original question. It sounds like you have a SDG saddle that runs on a I-beam system. Never seen a saddle bag for that system and suggest you change to a conventional system. You are very limited in seat and seatpost choices using the i-beam system.

this anti saddle bag thing is a South African thing!! Go and check out a few You tube clips of Pro teams at training camps.... they all use saddle bags???? but i still wont!!! scratches my seat post!!!!

It's a mtb saddle...

here's a link to the pic before the mod

http://yfrog.com/f1saddlesj

'n Boer maak 'n plan

I drilled a hole just below the BEAM sticker on the corner of the saddle and replaced the plastic fitting of the saddle bag with a screw through the saddle bag and into the saddle...