Chain and cassette Q MTB

mojo2

Went to my LBS because on a noise while pedaling very hard and they said it was my chain and because the chain has worn passed a certain stage I must also replace the cassette <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

My question is

What is the difference between a R320 cassette and a R800 will it last longer or give me a 1000% better shifting (I was suggested SRAM) and same with the chain R200 to R500, Can I maybe take a cheap cassette with good chain or vice versa

If it is about the weight then I don?t care I weigh 103

Please assist

It is about weight and worse.

Some of the very expensive cassettes have titanium sprockets that last approximately one third as long as the same steel cassette. If you don't care about weight, buy cheap chains and cassettes.

Thank you for that, it is what i thought it would be, do you suggest shimano or SRAM and which model do you suggest (it is on a Canaan if it matters and i only do single track, very seldom jeep track or road use)<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

• 4 months later...

I have just replaced by cassette and chain due to wear.

I have only done about 1200km on them, but there is very noticeable wear on the cassette and chain kept slipping.

I clean my bike after every ride and lube the chain.

What causes the cassette and chain to wear to quickly? Is to do with the way you ride/shift?

What causes the cassette and chain to wear to quickly? Is to do with the way you ride/shift?

dirt, shifting under power and legs that are too strong.

dirt, shifting under power and legs that are too strong.

Definitely must be the strong legs!

Thanks, so I guess I should try to not shift under power to preserve the life of the cassette.

In terms of dirt, would you carry lube with you on a long ride and apply half way?