What BMX to buy

Persona

A friend asked me to help what kind of bmx he can buy for his son, budget is R1000

He's looking for the type that the laities using at the skate parks

and can you get a entry level bmx for that kind of money

You can get an Avlanche Domin8 BMx bike for around R989.00 in Black or Purple/White.

This is a nice entry level bike with racing and dirt jumping in mind. This has a slightly shorter toptube for the younger riders (I'm not sure the age you are looking for but this is for kids from 9 to 13). Most younger kids can't ride BMX bikes because the frames are too big and heavy. I designed this bike to be small, compact and light. Also has good V-brakes for brakes that work.

Most kids ask for Pegs and Gyro but to be honest, the pegs weigh a ton and the gyro's offer the ability to spinn the bars but reduce braking by at least 50% and normally break after a couple of weeks anyway.

Thanks Ghostface

went to check them out at a shop in Northern Suburbs

they nice will forward it to my friend the price R1350

That price is way out! The "DV8" bike with the bulkier frame, gyro and pegs should be around R1295.00. They are Blue/White or Silver/Red. I think something has the wrong price sticker on or the names (Domin8 , DV8) are causing some confusion.