Maintenance on my boys costing me a fortune

kitkat

Shew but like seriously...I have 2 beeyoooodiful boys at home, by boys I mean bikes but they are costing me a small fortune!

Lately been riding the mt bike quite a bit...R5k service in Dec, R3.5k on parts in Feb, R1k today on parts worn out from Feb. This of course excludes the cash spent on my other boy who also needs a new set of superfly, super fast wheels.

Is this normal or do I need a new bike? Or perhaps a new job

If you don't the answer but would like to deposit some cash for services just let me know

smiley36.gif

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay it's a Cannondale dual suspension...not a Lefty. R5 was for new cassette and chain too. Unfortunately have thrown away the job card.

Apparently Cannondales are extremely difficult and costly to service? The front shock cannot be touched by anyone other than authorised dealers of which there is only one in Gauteng.

The bike is 7 yrs old now so maybe time for an upgrade.

must be a xtr groupo with such quick wear Cry

6k for a service eish thats really steep if i were you i would contact metro cycles in Vanderbijlpark i wouldnt let anybody else touch my "dale

Okay it's a Cannondale dual suspension...not a Lefty. R5 was for new cassette and chain too. Unfortunately have thrown away the job card.
Apparently Cannondales are extremely difficult and costly to service? The front shock cannot be touched by anyone other than authorised dealers of which there is only one in Gauteng.

Someone is taking you for a nice long ride...

The front shock cannot be touched by anyone other than authorised dealers of which there is only one in Gauteng.

That can only be a Manitou fork.

I suggest you do one of Johan Bornman's workshops and learn to do everything yourself.

My best guess is that you are a hottie and pulled up driving a Porsche Cayene and the guys in the shop saw $$$$$$$Big%20smile

Jeesh..

If its not a lefty, It might be a Headshock, and those were not very complicated 7 years ago (unless he had to have the needlebearings replaced and machened them one by oneWink)

I find Upgrading the way to go.. then you never get maintenance bills like yours. But  I would find a nother bikeshop, Sounds like they are taking you for a ride.