Vredestein Tiger Claw's. Any good?

Wannabe

How good a tyre is the Vredestein Tiger Claw's?

How well suited are they for riding in, say, Majik Forest, Hillcrest, Contermanskloof, etc.

What would be a good price to pay for a set?

How difficult would it be to seat for a newby doing his first no-toob conversion?
Wannabe2010-04-29 04:34:24

To which other brand/model tyre can it be compared with?

How good is its puncture resistance?

I've tried them,

Cornering is crap!! No corner knobs

Casing is heavy, yet no puncture protection...? Endless

Difficulty in converting to tubeless...!! lots!!

Rubber dries out very quickly...

All & all a &^$&%$ tyre..!!

Don't buy it!!

Bugger! I just bought myself one for the front ... Mmm, I hate spending money on rubbish although, maybe it will work/suit me. Will let you know in a couple of weeks when I've had a chance to fit and ride them.

Chunky, you serious? The salesman told me it is a very good tyre. Top of the heap kinda stuff.

Hi Wannabe, I fitted Vredestein Killer Bee's to my Steed a few weeks ago. Took it to Majik on the weekend, and did they role! The Bee's are fast, good for punctures, and awesome on tarmac. You could get them from Webike (around the corner from Majik) at R199-00, great deal. I've got a Stan's conversion on my Alex rims and I can not complain! Thumbs%20Up   

Since getting the fright of my life this morning concerning that this tyre provides very little grip, I have done extra extra research. All reviews say that it is similar to the Killer Bee which many say is better than the Racing Ralph. They are also very light and supple which in my book is a big plus. I guess time and trial and error will give me the best answer.

Hi Wannabe' date=' I fitted Vredestein Killer Bee's to my Steed a few weeks ago. Took it to Majik on the weekend, and did they role! The Bee's are fast, good for punctures, and awesome on tarmac. You could get them from Webike (around the corner from Majik) at R199-00, great deal. I've got a Stan's conversion on my Alex rims and I can not complain! Thumbs%20Up   [/quote']

Good thing. Will go see young Willie then.

Must say, I can get good deal on Tiger Claws and complete Stans conversion kit for less than one G. (everything included)

I've tried them' date='

Don't buy it!!
[/quote']

AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

I hate it when people rubbishes other people's posts. Been to three other Bikeshops, bar the one where I was first, and all three had only good things to say about the tyres, and their ease of fitting tubeless. Also seems that the price quoted to me is more than competitive.

Seems that Chunkymonkey is a stirrer, or else he has a very sick sense of humour.

By the way, I've decided not to buy the Vredesteins, but rather convert my fairly new Larsen TT's to see firsthand if the tubeless way is really the bees knees before committing to expensive conversion.

By the way, I've decided not to buy the Vredesteins, but rather convert my fairly new Larsen TT's to see firsthand if the tubeless way is really the bees knees before committing to expensive conversion.

I'll give a review in the next two weeks on the Tiger Claw. UPS has mine in transit for R167 per tyre. If I forget, remind me in a fortnight.

I've tried them' date='

Don't buy it!!
[/quote']

I hate it when people rubbishes other people's posts. Been to three other Bikeshops, bar the one where I was first, and all three had only good things to say about the tyres, and their ease of fitting tubeless. Also seems that the price quoted to me is more than competitive.

Seems that Chunkymonkey is a stirrer, or else he has a very sick sense of humour.

Hi Wannabe I don't think CM was stirring I think he gave his honest opinion tires is a very personal thing and what work for one does not work for another depends largely on you riding style. I have ridden with R100 tires and found them very nice and then splurged on R600 tires and found them so so until my riding improved and then they were awesome.

Took my wheels to Willie Engelbrecht at WEBike, cost me all of R300-00 to convert to tubeless, including two second hand UST tyres, as my Larsen TT's were the wire bead kind and thus not suited to tubeless conversion.

Left them behind, plus two new tubes with slime (fitted in Jan 2010, not much riding done since then). Idea behind this is the "Pay it Forward" principle, as I got blessed with a conversion with tyres, and maybe there is a biker out there in need of some generosity. Sure Willie and them will pay it forward.

Gonna do the 22km ride in Durbanville on Sunday. See you there.

The tubeless conversion is the bees knees. Cannot believe the improved level of grip I got, and the ride is also softer/plusher due to the lower tyre pressure. I can go even lower, as I pumped it 2 bar up front and 2.1 bar at the rear.

ClapBig%20smileLOLThumbs%20Up