XT Wheels upgrade - worth it?

CJVDM

Ive heard that CWC is again bringing in a XT Wheelset (tubeless) at below CRC prices...

Ive got the Mavic 317D wheels with SLX hubs at the moment (non tubeless).  The XT wheels will at least be 400grams lighter.

Is it worth it to spend R2900 for wheels + cluster + rotors + new tubeless tyres on this new wheelset?  Will i see a definite result eg easier ride / faster times with the new wheelset?

Probabaly - wheels make more differencethan any other part on the bike. That said, you might want to keep your current wheels for training

All I can say is yes, ive ridden XT wheels for ages and they are unblievable, and for that price its a steal. I say go for it, and keep your other wheels as training/spare wheels as they are still good wheels!!!!

..they are very good wheels. That and the fact that Mavic wheels don't age particularly gracefully.

400g - Hell Yeah!!

You will notice the difference immediately and it will transform your bike.

I been riding my XT's for nearly a year and they run as true as day one despite my crap line choice very good wheels and for that money a steal you cant go wrong

Go for it - they look amazing. I also got mine at well below usual price. Only negative is the back wheel is slightly out of true - not sure if it came like that or I did it - I started out slow and easy but have been riding rock gardens and jump/drops since so it may just have taken a hit. Only problem with them is spares - good luck trying to find a spoke or nipple even from CRC...