World Cup - disruption to other sport

The Guy in Pink

It seems that the world cup is going cause havoc to all other sports events that coincide with the world cup.

A major cycling event in Limpopo is threatened as 75% of the local police force and all but  3 of the Local traffic department will be deployed elsewhere SA.

Let's hope that a way can be found around the lack of official man power.

Another disruption less serious: Yesterday my daughter & I presented ourselves at our Chemist for our annual flu Jab only to be told that none were available as the Gov has diverted stocks " For the world cup" !!
The Guy in Pink2010-04-30 00:43:09

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Second you on the flu shot thing. The company I work for sponsors the flu jab for all their permanent employees. This year the incentive had to be cancelled since there was no vaccines available...

This soccer thing must get to an end now. I'm fed-up with all these ads and talk regarding the worldcup. So what!!! They are going to play soccer and the host nation is going to be spectators.

The only people that will enjoy this worldcup is the criminal element in this country. Sad but true. 

Second you on the flu shot thing. The company I work for sponsors the flu jab for all their permanent employees. This year the incentive had to be cancelled since there was no vaccines available...

What I want to know is : If the public is not getting the vaccine who is getting it? Where is it diverted to??

well, the municipalities have 36 swimming pools in Gauteng. And have a R10m budget for maintenance. Apparently for the world cup , they took R5m.

I can't wait for it to be over. Thanks to last years tight business year my plans to be out of the country for the SWC period are no more...!!

Its obscene that so much state attention and resources is being diverted to this fiasco, which is nothing more that a smoke screen for graft.?

This soccer thing must get to an end now. I'm fed-up with all these ads and talk regarding the worldcup. So what!!! They are going to play soccer and the host nation is going to be spectators.

The only people that will enjoy this worldcup is the criminal element in this country. Sad but true. 

Thats a bit of a sore statement Onetime!! Shocked

ShockedIt is going to boost our country hosting it, even if we don't enjoy football it is still a good thing for the economy!!

Last week they said how many man hours will be lost due to people calling in "sick" just to watch the games. They also said that companies must rather allow the employees to watch the games at work. What's next, allow them booze and snacks at work aswell.

Thats a bit of a sore statement Onetime!! Shocked
ShockedIt is going to boost our country hosting it' date=' even if we don't enjoy football it is still a good thing for the economy!!
[/quote']

it still remains to be seen

I think its great

Planning a trip thru Central Kalahari Game Reserve and back down the Makgadigadi Pans during that period.Everyone will stay your side of the border and we will have the place to ourselvesClap

Bloody pessimists....

u might just be right, blood will have someting to do with it.

bottom line is that the sooner the soccer comes to an end, the sooner all the other sporting events could proceed as normal.......

Last week they said how many man hours will be lost due to people calling in "sick" just to watch the games. They also said that companies must rather allow the employees to watch the games at work. What's next' date=' allow them booze and snacks at work aswell.[/quote']

Now that sounds like a plan...

The quicker the tournament starts the quicker we can recover from the shame for being the only host country ever not to make it past the 1st round.