Reba Race Lockout

sampie

I just received my GT Zaskar Expert with the Reba Race shock. I would just like to know how much travel are allowed when its locked, not sure if the lockout are working proberly since there are about 35mm when locked. Thanks

Hey Sampie,

Rock Shox Reba has a thing built in, and the experts could probably clarify it a bit more, but:

When locked out, it's locked out obviously, but it does still compress, especially if you were to hit a big rock, it will still do suspension stuff.

I think it's the Motion Control technology.

It's a feature, not a bug!

But, if you feel it's wrong, take it in to your LBS and ask them, perhaps they will tell you the same as me, or, if there is something weird, they should solve it!

Yip. There is still some travel. Mine is the same.

I'm not an expert on this, but I think that travel is controled with your floodgate(Something that can be adjusted on the fork at the lockout)

I also thought mine  was faulty but then found out it's normal especially if you heavy like me.

I actually like that feature.  When I'm racing on the flats, I just lock the shock and it still absorbs the smaller bumps or when you hit a downhill and you forgot to lockout, this can be a lifesaver.

I actually like that feature.  When I'm racing on the flats' date=' I just lock the shock and it still absorbs the smaller bumps or when you hit a downhill and you forgot to lockout, this can be a lifesaver. [/quote']

I must agrree,i have locked it out to climb and then forgoten it going down the otherside.it is a limb saver.

Yes theres still movement when locked out with the poplock on RS forks.

You need to adjust the 'gate' setting to' +'(right fork leg blue/gold knob) and then it will compress about 1cm or if you like a 'platform' feel turn it to '-' then it will be plusher under lockout and compress more.

Dont worry there is a blow off valve if you hit a big rock during lockout then it will open up and not damage the fork.