ENGEN 100km race in PE

A huge heads up to ENGEN and everyone else involved in the above race yesterday.It was an extremely tough race  with the climbs neverending.Cycling through van Stadens pass is no easy feat.

The prizes and lucky draws were simply amazing.

If only we had more sponsors like ENGEN !

Clap

Jip I also enjoyed the new route. Just managed to cling onto Anriette's wheel at the finishLOL

Lots of climbs and after my training ride this morning I can feel it in the legs 

Only thing I suggest is that they get winningtime to time the race as Im not to confident about getting the correct results.
wisecrack2010-05-03 03:30:58

Jip I also enjoyed the new route. Lots of climbs and after my training ride this morning I can feel it in the legs :-)

Only thing I suggest is that they get winningtime to time the race as Im not to confident about getting corrct results.

Those legs dont feel the hills - so stop talking nonsense - hahahaha!

LOLLOL

Glad you enjoyed it, but I do remember warning you!!

Hahaa....wow luckily I followed your advice and stuck with the 12/25.

People attacking left right and center so yah it was a hard day in the saddle ,but not as tough as the steak race IMO.

Thanks for the positive comments everyone. After having only about 250 people at last years event we were very happy to see a large increase in numbers this year.

Thanks for the comments on the timing of the event as this very valuable to us. We decided to support a local timing this year but will certainly take your comments seriously when planning next years event.

In terms of the results we have asked Shane Bradfeild to post them on the EP cycling website, www.epcycling.co.za and this should be done during the course of today. Shanes contact details will also be available should you have any queries.

It was also nice to see some "outside of PE" teams supporting the event. Lets hope this race goes from strength to strength.

Really enjoyed the event and thumbs up to Engen. Whilst I understand some wanting timing, I think that correct finishing position would be more important. Regarding this, as a suggestion, a continous chute after the finish line should be set up in a way that it eventually narrows down to a single bike width. Here your number can be manually taken down in the order in which you finished. The riders themselves will sort out and correctly position themselves in order of finish.