Rivnut / Rivnutt Tool WC

Marius

I'm looking for a Bike shop in the WC that has a RivNuts and RivNut tool to replace the Bottle Cage holes in my Specialized Carbon bike. Any idea's?

Looks something like this: rivnut

I have one, but thats not going to help you ;)

I think William @ Williams Bike Shop: 021 851 0919 may still have one too.

Well done Marius. You posted a technical question without once using the words dingus or thingy. Progress indeed.Big%20smile

Well...I had to email a few ppl and they gave names to the " Screw in Bolt Thingy" that broke.. I got a reply from Cape Town Cycles, they say they might be able to help, it's that of sending the bike to Jhb...think not. 

Dragons Sports has one. We usually do the bikes for the other wholesalers and bike shops. Take you bike into your LBS and get them to send it to us. We do not deal direct with the public, so please ask your LBS to contact us about price etc.

Thx, but I don't want to send my bike away. I can't wait that long, need to train on it every 2nd day so need some one that can fix it in one day. Gonna Try Cape Town Cycles. Francois could not fix it for me, he said the holes were to big ans suggested filling the holes up with carbon and then drilling new holes, I did not like that idea much, would rather they use the current holes, surly you should get different size Rivnuts?!

Hey Marius, try a 4x4 accessories store, i know that up in jhb frontrunner sells differnet sized rivnuts as well as the tool. the guys use them for fixing things to landrovers.

Try the people who do rubberizing on bakkies etc. They should have the tool. You should be able to buy diff sizes rivnuts from any bolt shop.

Thx you two, will keep those options in mind if I don't get right at the bike shop!

Did I not see that Onetime acquired one of these tools!!! I had my bottle cage rivert replaced at the old Willie Engelbrecht shop, so maybe the tool is now with the new WE Bike shopWink

Oh!! that'll save me lots of time if Willie has one, will check them out the weekend, thx!

Marius2010-05-12 08:13:38