All clubs riding SBR

shaunh

All clubs riding Suikerbosrand Reserve      

I would like to appeal to all the clubs and individulas that utilise the SBR to contribute towards the erection of W309 & One Way signs.

A sign costs R405 and if each club donates 5 signs, it will make a huge difference. Individual donors are also urged to donate towards signs.

Put your money where it matters most. SAVING LIVES!!

e-mail me shaun@sign-up.co.za or call me 083 232-6344

I thank you in advance for your support!shaunh2010-05-04 03:22:11

Surely interested in this initiative.

Do you have permission from the management at SBR to erect signs? How many you planning, or will that depend on the donations? Where?

Who will be erecting them?

I will donate towards this. providing: trubie questions will be answered.

Hell I even get two special ones for the climb from the hotel: WRONG WAY A$$$)!!! for all those shortcuting there!

Surely interested in this initiative.

Do you have permission from the management at SBR to erect signs? How many you planning' date=' or will that depend on the donations? Where?

Who will be erecting them?

?

?
[/quote']

Hi Trubie

I have not contacted Management as yet as wanting to see the response. If we have a good response then we, that is Sign-Up & SBR management will agree on placement of signs. Hope this clarifies.

Regards & Be Safe!

Shaun

Guest Big H

Shaun.... remember that sign size depends on the speed of vehicles. You will be able to place the smaller 300mm diameter signs here and save some costs. Smaller sign also means smaller diameter support pipes.

Shaun.... remember that sign size depends on the speed of vehicles. You will be able to place the smaller 300mm diameter signs here and save some costs. Smaller sign also means smaller diameter support pipes.

You are right OOm, can't help but thinking BIG!!

I will get a cost on the smaller signs today.

I think the 900mm size is the correct size.

OK, spoke to the sign supplier.

The correct size is a 900mm W309 sign on a 3.2 metre pole at a cost of R405.00 excl. and the One-way sign is a 400mm x 600mm on a 3.2m pole and that costs R355.00 excl.

Oom, or anybody that has 'friends' in the sign manufacturing industry, please see if you can obtain a competitive price.shaunh2010-05-04 03:23:43

Guest Big H

You are right OOm' date=' can't help but thinking BIG!!

I will get a cost on the smaller signs today.

I think the 900mm size is the correct size.[/quote']

This may help..... but remember SBR is not public road. Get advice form your supplier.

Copied from SADC-RSTM Vol1

20100504_032301_sizes.PNG

I think that you should firstly have spoken to management as this might get everybody interested except SBR management. Hope you get the go ahead though. I dont have any cash to donate but will be able to help "erect" plant those sighns for you. So I donate time to your cause.Clap

Excelent idea Shaun.

I just can't help thinking though, that where the road splits at the top of the koppie, there is a big No-Entry sign that is difficult even for the dumbest dumbass to miss. The staff are all to aware of the road traffic direction so I see little point in putting up additional signage.

The problem as I see it is far more deeply rooted. The SAPS do very little about major crime and are likely to do less about petty crime. Even Metro are as usefull as an ash-tray on a Harley. They are too busy manning speed cameras and are no-where to be seen when it comes to tackling the idjits using the emergency lanes and driving on the wrong side of the road.

When we can get this issue sorted, maybe motorists in general, will pay more attention to road signage. I do hope that your venture is sucessful though. Maybe we shouldbe talking to metro since people in general ignore road and traffic signs.

All those signs you have along Klip River. Damn fine mate, damn fine. It does not, unfortunately, stop idjits from taking to the emergency lanes to get the jump on traffic stopped at the Panorama Traffic light. It also doesn't stop the f%ckwits from using the emergency lane going up butchers hill.

There needs to be a fundamental shift in attitude before your signs will have the intended effect.

Just my opinion.

I agree 100% slave and as I have said many times, 'we can't change the World unless we change ourselves!!

Having said that, I will also try and fail than to talk and do nothing!

Could not agree with that more.

Have to try to do something.

So, anyone know the bigwigs of Metro. We should be taking to them. In fact, we should roast their nuts.

Any donation will do, small ones tally up to the cost of erecting a full sign.

spoke to management at the Reserve and request forwarded to Head Office for approval.