Anyone using Avid Elixir 5 Disc Brakeset

Red Zone

I got mine today. Will report on Monday. They look awesome and they feel better than any avids that came before. Will see how they handle the rough stuff.

I have them on my Cove Hustler, but I have upgraded the hoses to Goodridge and am running 185mm rotors.  They have the same feel as Juicy 5's, so are very grippy and have loads of stopping power.  They are also very easy to service and to bleed.   20100506_090104_Elix2.JPG

20100506_090016_Elix1.JPG

I got mine today. Will report on Monday. They look awesome and they feel better than any avids that came before. Will see how they handle the rough stuff.

keep us informed m8

I have them on my Cove Hustler' date=' but I have upgraded the hoses to Goodridge and am running 185mm rotors.  They have the same feel as Juicy 5's, so are very grippy and have loads of stopping power.  They are also very easy to service and to bleed.   20100506_090104_Elix2.JPG

20100506_090016_Elix1.JPG
[/quote']

daftvader...where'd u get those goodridge kits from? can't seem to find them anywhere at the mo....

I have a set and have been riding them for a couple of months now. Awesome brakes and extremely good value for money.

I had Shimano M575's on that came standard with my Merida 1000D and these are 10 times better.

I import the components myself.  It's a bit cheaper if you order the hose seperately.  But it is expensive.

A pair of goodridge hoses (connectors included) and fitted will cost prob just over R1000, but it not only is a cosmetic enhancement, but also has a significant improvement on brake performance in terms of feel, power and heat dispersion.

Or you can get em from CRC.  I think about R420 per brake but that excludes fitment and brake fluid etc.

I have ridden and worked on the Elixer CR very nice breaks great control excellent feel and enough power.

The bakes are easy to work on and spares are available to service and repair any damage easily.

I had to replace the piston seal  assembly as the client had boiled his brakes after dragging it down a very long hill and all the orings expanded intenally as a result of the heat, but this is not a common problem so don't worry.

In a whole Elixers ( Any Model) are great brakes  

Then someone please tell me why mines not working. on a Brand new bike, first ride out, it shreeeeekd and shudddddderd.

and it went back to the agents.

its been back and forth 4 times..

Im just about at the point of dumping it for a set of Xt's

I rode mine for the first time this weekend and they where 100%. So much better than the juicy 5's it replaced. The elixirs have a much better/consistent lever feel. And they have no stiffening up like the juicy had when they got hot. I had to shorten the hoses and it took me about 5min, andno bleeding were required. The biggest pro for me is that the pads can now be replaced from the top, unlike the older avids.