WTF is going on with pro cycling?

Kent

Its getting really concerning reading of all the well known cyclists in the pro ranks being bust for using dope every other day lately and whats even more frightening is that there must be loads that aren't being bust.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I'm definitely not naive to think this is only a recent revelation, but its just really sad to think that you basically have no choice but to dope to really make it on the pro scene as most of the big names nowadays have a really ominous cloud hanging over their heads or have been bust.

No wonder so many young pro's wanting to emulate their cycling heroes have gone down the wrong path so early in their careers.

It even happens in local league racing.

F$cking pathetic! <?: prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /> Angry

Now when i watch big races on TV and see these guys putting in massive attacks/breakaways, which would normally give me goosebumps, i become cynical and raise an eyebrow.

So sad....

Kent2010-05-04 11:54:21

pro riders bust for doping?

i'm shocked! to the core!

not

Dude, the fact is that cycling is the only sport which has cleaned up its act.

Look at the other sports, athletics, rugby etc.

Are you trying to tell me those guys are'nt on juice?

Its just the way the world works now. Im not saying its right, its terribly wrong and upsetting. But what I am saying is that cycling should be proud of itself for cleaning up the trash!

It is all a conspiracy. It is the way to fire a cyclist who makes the team look too good.

Pro sport is a business so when money is involved these things happen. I totally understand this. Maybe i'm expecting to much from these guys, but it still pisses me off. My 2 cents.

Kent2010-05-04 12:00:42

Have always wondered about who takes what in the local racing scene - particuarly the EL/SV and Vets Legues respectively.

Just reality dude. Everyone wants to win. Some more than others. At any cost.... It will catch up with them eventually in one way or another.

Good luck to them.

For sure.  Karma can be slow or quick, but it will be.  By the way - know anyone interested in buying a GTR carbon frameset?  Its on the hub at the moment.  Very good condition at good price.

firewolf2010-05-04 12:34:06

shot Kent.  Back on the Hub this AM to look for buyers.  Actually got my new bike, rebuilt, but in the shop. Jst gotta make this sale. 

pro ROAD RACERS...

you never hear of the top MTBers getting bust. Quite something

A persone/sportsman can only achieve so much and to get more they have to use juice. sore loosers will tend to go thier to