Olympic Cycles - Cape Town

JaMMeX

I just want to say and recommend Jason and Max from Olympic Cycles!!!

WOW, what great guys, and so clued up about what bikes and gear people require at different levels!!!

Im totally stoked with the service and I wont go anywhere else!!!!

I've shopped there for over 10 years. Bought 2 bikes and numerous peripherals. My experience has been mixed: great service from some of the guys, and poor from others. REcently I was sold a pair of shoes with cleats that did not match the pedals i bought. Cost me a couple of hours and a return trip to the shop. My last bike service there saw my chain get lubed with some black grease stuff that got all choked with sand on my next ride. Their range of stock is excellent though, and prices quite fair.

Did you tell them about the gaps in their service levels so they could use it as a learning experience to improve????? or are you just telling us that on the Hub to create a bad impression of the shop.....mmmmmm???????

Did you tell them about the gaps in their service levels so they could use it as a learning experience to improve????? or are you just telling us that on the Hub to create a bad impression of the shop.....mmmmmm???????

ouch!! Even I felt that punch.....DeadLOL

Me tooo . hahah ouch!

I have found no fault yet, when i bought my bike the gears where not setup 100%, i took it back and they set it up for me lekker!! Very happy for now!!

I've got no agenda here, and am not trying to create a bad impression, just telling it like it is.

And yes, I gave them feedback about the pedals not fitting and the guys reaction was "wow, bummer" although he was very nice about it. And the service was the last i ever got there because I moved away.

I am expressing my opinions, not presenting them as facts, and offering a balanced viewpoint. Is this not allowed on the Hub, Hendrik?

He's relating his experience. Why give him a hard time for it ?

I've got no agenda here, and am not trying to create a bad impression, just telling it like it is.

And yes, I gave them feedback about the pedals not fitting and the guys reaction was "wow, bummer" although he was very nice about it. And the service was the last i ever got there because I moved away.

I am expressing my opinions, not presenting them as facts, and offering a balanced viewpoint. Is this not allowed on the Hub, Hendrik?

Don't worry R2D2, you'll soon learn that Big ... um Mr Petoors is just cranky because he's still saving up to buy himself that Campy groupset he's always wanted. smiley2.gif

Hendrik - bad news buddy: seems we live in a country where free speech is allowed. Even worse, people can express opinions we don't like!

And that is my last word on subject (sorry, JaMMEx - you'll have your entertainment somewhere else!)

Not looking for entertainment, i totally agree, this is a rants and rave sections and if you feel you have had bad service then you need to rant and if you feel you have had good service then you need to rave!

:)

While they are not my regular bike shop  (I have a few I support) I have always had friendly service at Olympic and have no complains there. Good stock and knowledgable staff.

As with all shops, if somebody buggers up. Let them know and let them correct their mistake.  If they don't or then make the same mistake again then you can take them to task.

M 2c worth

Hijack...

Where exactly is Olympic Cycles?

Not that anyone did (Wink), but nevermind.

Found it.

RodTi2007-07-20 05:06:21

Ok, just for the sake of balance, here is my Rave about a LBS: The Epic Bike Shop in plumstead, Cpt, has done good things for me. Did a service and set-up at very short notice and got everything right. Very passionate about bikes, and all the staff are very active riders.

Balance, who want's balance, the world is warped. (he he hijack)

But to be fair, never been to Epic Bike Shop but they are great supporters and sponsors of mountain biking in WP

I've got no agenda here' date=' and am not trying to create a bad impression, just telling it like it is.

[/quote']

Yup ..... at least you understand..... I am trying to balance your negativity with freedom fo speech!!!!!!!!!