Cycle dealer in trouble

wheels

A friend of mine told me this morning that a well known dealer is in trouble for taking some photos ofa former Miss SA photo without her blessing and is now in the process to be sued for R 750 000. Wow, what a mistake if it is true. Anyone els heard about this ?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just talking to someone about this sort of thing in our BMX circles. We get people just pitching up at our local park or trails and shooting photo's of us riding. Next thing you are on someones website being used to sell bikes, healthcare/insurance, milkshakes or school supplies.

I understand her anger.

The question is , why did they use her picture in the first place ? A picture of Godzilla would have been more appealing .

I was just talking to?someone about this sort of thing in our BMX circles. We get people just pitching up at our local park or trails and shooting photo's of us riding. Next thing you are on someones website being used to sell bikes' date=' healthcare/insurance, milkshakes or school supplies.

?

I understand her anger.
[/quote']

The difference is she makes her money with her face.

She added that the picture made her look like she had not slept in 10 days.

The truth hurts. Minus the make-up and Photoshopping...

I was just talking to someone about this sort of thing in our BMX circles. We get people just pitching up at our local park or trails and shooting photo's of us riding. Next thing you are on someones website being used to sell bikes' date=' healthcare/insurance, milkshakes or school supplies.

I understand her anger.
[/quote']

If someone uses your photo and you haven't given permision,and he is making money(Advertising)from it then you can sue him.

If they just use it on internet or on a forum like this then not much you can do.

I always ask before i take photo's...it's just polite.most people never say no.

If I was a well known person and someone uses my name and photo for the bennefit of their bus then I would also be upset and claim damages. I hope that they made enough out of the pink side  to pay the damages because it can become a ugly thing with plenty legal costs. 

The difference is she makes her money with her face.
Well someone would be making money from using my face/body/skills etc. so does that make it ok? I think not.

hope cycle lab wins! (+ costs)

sounds like she's out to make a quick buck off consent she gave verbally (but denies now, because the recession is hitting her pocket too)kamikaze2010-05-05 07:10:37

Just read the article. I agree with the complainant here. Her face is her trademark and the cycle group has used it without her permission.