Cycle dealer in trouble

wheels

I was just talking to someone about this sort of thing in our BMX circles. We get people just pitching up at our local park or trails and shooting photo's of us riding. Next thing you are on someones website being used to sell bikes' date=' healthcare/insurance, milkshakes or school supplies.

I understand her anger.
[/quote']

If someone uses your photo and you haven't given permision,and he is making money(Advertising)from it then you can sue him.

If they just use it on internet or on a forum like this then not much you can do.

I always ask before i take photo's...it's just polite.most people never say no.

Partially correct, any use or depication of a person in a photo or graphic without expressly written consent/model release, for commercial use, is illegal. Be it on the internet, print, tv or any visual form of advertising.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can anyone confirm if these were the actual pics used?

sure does alot for 'promoting' cycling LOL

20100505_092716_bassie1.JPG

20100505_092753_bassie2.JPG

Just read the articles' date=' pic was taken and used in 2007, why is she only now making a fuss?......

Headline grabbing me thinks! Besides no such thing as bad publicity[/quote']

Probably more a comment on the efficiency of our legal system. This is just the court appearance, I suspect the complaint was made a long, long time ago.

I can understand the legal argument about consent, but ?all this goddess complex brand-damage stuph is just the biggest pile of bile, as Suzie Wong would say "for goodness sake' !

Cycle Lab should sue her back for loss of sales after using a photo of her face.
ClapClapJust about fell of my chair when I read that.Thanks for the laugh!!!!!Clap

smiley36.gif smiley2.gif

Cycle Lab should have used a picture of Ali in the ad- she's better looking. Then at least if Ali sued it would have stayed in the family.

I think she's right' date=' sue them....hope she wins!!

[/quote']

+1 I think shes very right and has a strong case.

but, who is actually winning here.

There's a lot of free publicity to be had for the cycle co.

Say she wins: its R750K plus legal fees well spent?

now' date=' if it was Suzette Van der Merwe, the Lab would have made millions out of me alone...Big%20smile[/quote']

they are trying to market cycling to the black community, not world war 2 vets.

World war II vets jou gat man!!!LOLLOL Suzette vdM still puts a lot of younger girls in the dark.

Cycle Lab should have used a picture of Ali in the ad- she's better looking. Then at least if Ali sued it would have stayed in the family.

According to today's Sowetan, that was the plan?but then that paper was quoting an Andrew McKlein. Never heard of him.Ermm
holy roller2010-05-06 00:08:46

According to today's Sowetan' date=' that was the plan?but then that paper was quoting an Andrew McKlein. Never heard of him.Ermm
[/quote']

LOLLOLLOL He "Might" be klein... but man is he fast!!!LOLLOL

I have to ask whats wrong with our modeling industry she has the market value of of a second hand Uno at a ferrari dealership.