Donating blood

Musashi

I'm a regular blood donor, but now I'm wondering how donating blood will affect my MTB'ing performance.  Apparently it takes up to 6 weeks to replace the red blood cells.

Can anyone provide some insights?

it will affect your performance drastically. The iron in your blood carries oxygen to your muscles. less blood = less oxygen carrying capacity, which means you will hit lactic threshold much sooner than you should

Sure does, i learnt this last year where i donated blood a few days before the Kremertart and hit the wall hard, worst cramps i've had.

Consider donating plasma only. I'm a rabies donor. You'll be injected with dead rabies virus and once you've developed the antibodies they'll be harvested from you.

Process takes a bit longer than whole blood donation, but has no effect on riding. Gives you more time to eat their biscuits Evil%20Smile.

Donating blood wipes me out for 2 weeks. I start feeling a bit better after that. So I only do it in the 'off season'.

I only donate on Mondays due to problems mentioned above ... suffering a bit on the weekend after once every 3 months is not to bad ... I'm no pro anyway ... Cry

Consider donating plasma only. I'm a rabies donor. You'll be injected with dead rabies virus and once you've developed the antibodies they'll be harvested from you.

Process takes a bit longer than whole blood donation' date=' but has no effect on riding. Gives you more time to eat their biscuits Evil%20Smile.
[/quote']

That does NOT!! sound goodConfused Hope you get paid.