Not much, but it's mine....

HomerSimpson

Got the bike last night (apologies for the quality of the pics)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1333/857076539_5bf0a3eef7.jpg

and the obligatory couch picture

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1129/857076559_dfd5cfe461.jpg

could not find the dog, so I took a picture of our cat...

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1214/857076587_25c4a84829.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought i saw a puddy cat. i deed, i deed ?

nice bike, homer, may you have many, many happy - and incident free - biking miles on it!

Hey Homer - looks mean with all that black and just bits of yellow/red! Hope you have many happy safe miles on it.

Wanneer sny jy die gras....mmmmmm????? Jy het seker 'n worshond en kon hom nie sien in die gras nie!!!!!!!!

Geluk met die fiets..... baie soet kilometers!!!!!

Nice bike but 3 rings on the front? You scared of the mountains? What is it these days with road bikes coming out with triple chain rings?

Where have all the climbers gone?

I have said it before (and I'll say it again!), triple chain rings, sloping top tubes and camelbacks belong on MTB bikes!

OK OK so I will concede on the sloping top tubes!

Triple chain ring? Well back in the day when I did 10 Iron man Canoe triathlons with a double (52/42) and a 7 speed cluster (11-21) it seemed to be enough gears (even for Hekpoort)! These days everyone has at least a 39 with 25 at the back (junior gearing if you ask me), bunch of pansies!

Yes I do have a double with 39/53 and an 12-25 on my RB, gotta go with the lates trends (but still no triple ya see!).

Homer she looks great. Congrats. Clap

Sammajoor i told you i was selling the Cannondale. It beats your MONOC by Far dude!!

Homer, any bike is a good bike! looks very very pretty - hope you have many hapy miles on her!

Schweet bike broe! Many happy miles. Hope you're not in a hurry for the next one - those all alu 'dales last forever. Saw my boet's varsity Cannondale the other day, ten years later, probably on its sixth owner by now.

Thanx for all the good wishes....as I now own a Cannondale, I'm thinking of opening a Cape branch of TCSBig%20smile

As for all those comments about the triple chainring...Censored y'all.  I cycle for fun, and one thing I have realised is that using the triple not only makes some tough climbs easier, but ultimately faster (actually learnt this from MTBing). 

Credits thus far to Joss (frame & fork); CWC (wheelset), CRC (groupset) and Flandria (tyres/tubes/bar tape and build).  Still need to replace the seat tube (weighs about as much as the frame) and to investigate the stem length.  Will play around with the bike this weekend.