Leeuwendans - Eensaamheid Ride

Mr Legs

I am organising an informal social group ride to help Hubbers to familiarise themselves with the Leeuwendans - Eensaamheid route. Saturday 15 May from the parking lot of the Cape Garden Centre at Joostenberg vlakte. Time of departure :08h00.

The route I suggest is from CGC via Joostenberg to Fisantekraal (gravel), then a bit of tar (+- 10k's) on Klipheuwel rd, over the Stellenbosch- Malmesbury Rd, then it is gravel via Leeuwendans and Otterkuil, then about 1,5km tar to Eensaamheid, then gravel to the area north of Klapmuts and tar past the zoo back to the Garden Centre.

No major hills, mostly farm roads, you dont need a full susser, in fact you can do it single speed without any suspension. We wait for back markers. Ave speed for the trip will be about 22-23km/h.  Distance will be about 60 k's. I will calculate it on Google Earth and post the info.

Who is in?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also keen, but trying to recover from my illness, so fitness levels are not really there. Will see how I feel by Friday next week. Thanks Mr Legz.

I am organising an informal social group ride to help Hubbers to familiarise themselves with the Leeuwendans - Eensaamheid route. Saturday 15 May from the parking lot of the Cape Garden Centre at Joostenberg vlakte. Time of departure :08h00.

?

Who is in?

If you want to find more people to join this ride, you can list it at:

http://www.joinusthere.com/thingstodo/ideas.jsp?category=Cycling

Hey wannabe we will be there even if something happens then we do our own thing.

Mr Legs.

This ride still on?

Yip, still on, weathers going to be great.

08h00 depart from parking area of Cape Garden Centre, I'll be next to my white Colt D/C bakkie. Giant Alliance.

About 60 km, easy route, no hills, non technical farm roads, a bit of tar, worse you will get is some corrugations. We wait for back markers, if you want to go ahead you can. Ave speed will be about 22-23km, so it will not be a race. If you want to race do a second lap with me.

Thanks guys. How about some directions for a newby?

Directions to Cape Garden Centre:

Take N1 direction Paarl.

Take Joostenbergvlakte turnoff (After the R300 bridges you get the Okavango turnoff, then Kraaifontein and then comes Joostenberg)

Go left from the off ramp in a northerly direction for about 100m, take first road to your right, a gravel road. Now for the important part, do not go into the second property on the left, but take the first entrance to your right into the parking area of the Cape Garden Centre. Why not the second gate on the left?, not because it is a house of ill repute, but simply because they are closed on weekends, or so I've heard.
Mr Legs2010-05-13 15:09:14