Hunter 3rd....sooooo close..

Mudsimus

A straight line?? about 400m from the finish Thor and another rider came over him, took him off Zabels wheel. Only thing he could do differently was to have Boonens wheel in last 10km and not that of Zabel.

If any sprinter holds his line he'll crash into people swerving. "Hold your line" is for Argus tour funriders only.

A straight line?? about 400m from the finish Thor and another rider came over him' date=' took him off Zabels wheel. Only thing he could do differently was to have Boonens wheel in last 10km and not that of Zabel.

If any sprinter holds his line he'll crash into people swerving. "Hold your line" is for Argus tour funriders only.
[/quote']

Another Abdujaparov fan eh? Some like it dangerous.

The shortest ( and fastest in a sprint)distance between two points is a straight line. Basic science 101.

I saw the sprint. Too much unnecessary throwing bike around. That cost him energy, speed, and possibly the win.

Watch any Kelley sprint...see how the master does it  lol

Irishj92007-07-20 12:04:03

The sprinters actually generate more power by throwing the bike around like that

Irish J maybe you can be Robbie's sprint coach next time. Please post that picture of the last sprint you won. Remember the SLIPSTREAM factor.

Actualy think RH was boxed in behind Zabel and lost time having to go to the other side around Boonen, TB has been pretty medicore this TDF when doesn't have his mates to help him in the bun fight.

RH needs to commit earlier - not go out earlier but commit to a side.  He was going to dive right then changed his mind and went up the right.  That is the only reason he lost that one sprint to Hushovd earlier this week where the hesitation lost him a few metres on Hushovd that he had to make up.

linnega2007-07-20 14:14:54

Hunter is doing an excellent job. If he commits any earlier he will not carry the speed. His biggest challenge is trying to work out how not to get boxed in. He went left today - correctly

Yeah, he did go left. but the wind was coming straight from the right. Team QStep was covering the right though