Which tyres?

SWM1

Good day all,

I want to get a new set of tyres for my bike.

I'm currently using the Merida Race lite's which the bike came with, but I'd like something different.

I'm quite keen on a Conti Mountain King in front and a Race King on the rear. 

Any other suggestions?

I'm doing a race tomorrow which should be pretty muddy.

Any help would be appreciated!

Oh I get all tired just thinking about the endless "advice" I have tried to give im my humble knowledge of this sport we call MTB.. but what I will say..

tires keeps your rims off the ground, so get tires that will do that best = durable

get a tire that willdo best what you will be using for 80% of the time (not always cornering in the mud) but riding dirtroads and firm singletrack

Its not only the tires that gives you traction, Its 70% how you corner and where you put the weight and/or power-when.. So again, the difference in Traction, between say a fastrack and a kenda nevegal is say 40%, you'll probably use that 40% extra only1% of your total race time, but you will be pulling the extra rolling resistance 100% of the time.

and I can go on and on..

Cape Town winter tyres - Kenda Nevegals or a pair of Conti Mountain Kings.

If you do any single track climbs, you want grip on your rear wheel as well. I just took my Race King off (kept the MK on the front).

But then again there are a 1000 opnions spread over hundreds of threads. Do a search and soak up some of The Hub's finest.

Cape Town winter tyres - Kenda Nevegals or a pair of Conti Mountain Kings.

If you do any single track climbs' date=' you want grip on your rear wheel as well. I just took my Race King off (kept the MK on the front).

But then again there are a 1000 opnions spread over hundreds of threads. Do a search and soak up some of The Hub's finest.
[/quote']

Thanks Splat.

Just what I was worried about - the Race King doesn't look like it will have alot of grip in the muddy sections.

From reading the other threads it seems like people in different parts of the country get different results.

Anyway, will also go and have a chat with the LBS.

SWM12010-05-07 03:37:26