Alternative to CRC?

barrykm

Can anyone recommend a good alternative to Chain Reaction for online purchases, in terms of both pricing and reliability?

(I'm looking here for delivery to The Netherlands, so CWC does not apply)

barrykm2010-05-07 02:30:47

Hallo Barrykm

Please contact me I can arrange a deal for you from one of my friends in the Netherlands. Send me a PM

CRC ships to most of Europe as well.

Not sure how Wiggle compares.

Total cycling could be worth a look

Comobike?

Starbike?

Depends on what you are looking for.

i bought stuff from Chain Reaction and got a nasty suprise when i got billed a huge amount for taxes - any way around this? what items gets taxed and how(eg clothing vs parts)?

dommisse2010-05-07 05:42:42

i bought stuff from Chain Reaction and got a nasty suprise when i got billed a huge amount for taxes - any way around this? what items gets taxed and how(eg clothing vs parts)?

Vat on everything and 40% import duties on clothing, shoes and helmet.

I used Evans cycles last week to bring a Castelli top in. They were very good but BE WARNED customs screwed me 45% duty for clothes and 14% VAT on top of that. I have used bike24 In Germany- they are really good, great service and very quick. I had some tyres sent to a friends office in Germany and he then bought them out for me saved over 50% compared to buying local - they wernt even available locally.

I have used Evans Cycles with no problems.

https://www.evanscyc...ayment/register#

I've only done one order from Evans. They shipped me the wrong item but then went out of their way to get the correct item to me (even when their first correction attempt fell foul of the sticky fingers at SAPO). I am extremely impressed with their customer service and will definitely but from them againsmiley32.gif.

Edit 29/3/2011: Unfortunately' date=' I can no longer recommend Evans Cycles. Their customer service on my most recent order has been atrocious and I will never buy from them again.

Details here http://www.thehubsa....ocious-service/

Edited by Edman

Thanks for your responses so far guys, I'll certainly have a look at the sites suggested.

I used Evans cycles last week to bring a Castelli top in. They were very good but BE WARNED customs screwed me 45% duty for clothes and 14% VAT on top of that.

the law is the law......customs are just doing their job.......