29er wheel pressures

pedal pusher

What is the best is the best pressure to run on a 29er?

On my 26' I found 2.2bar the best for dirt & would go to around 3.5 for the road.

What do you guys suggest?

It depends on the surface and preference. I run my tires at 2.0 bar when it's dry and 1.8 bar when it's wet and I need more traction.

I clearly know sqaut about MTB tyre pressure - let alone 29-er MTB tyre pressure. I ride at almost 4 bar all the time.

I clearly know sqaut about MTB tyre pressure - let alone 29-er MTB tyre pressure. I ride at almost 4 bar all the time.

Tubeless you can run a lower pressure than tubed. Less the pressure the more the traction.

At 4bar you will be flying as the rolling resistance should be less. But that being said, traction should be a bit of an issue.

Riding your MTB with 4 bar in your tyres, the only flying you will be doing is over the handlebars. When I strated Mtb'ing after being a roadie I too pumped my tyres 4 bar and could never understand why I fell so often.

Tubeless you can run a lower pressure than tubed. Less the pressure the more the traction.

At 4bar you will be flying as the rolling resistance should be less. But that being said' date=' traction should be a bit of an issue.

[/quote']

At 4 bar you will have MORE rolling resistance and less traction! no good for anything.

On a 29er you can run lower than a 26er.

I'm running my Fastrak  2.0's at 1.7bar front and back. In the epic over harsher terrain I used 2bar. I weigh 79kg

Muuuuch nicer at lower pressure.

At 4bar you will be flying as the rolling resistance should be less. But that being said' date=' traction should be a bit of an issue.

[/quote']

At 4 bar you will have MORE rolling resistance and less traction! no good for anything.

On a 29er you can run lower than a 26er.

I'm running my Fastrak  2.0's at 1.7bar front and back. In the epic over harsher terrain I used 2bar. I weigh 79kg

Muuuuch nicer at lower pressure.

Kewl. Thanks for the info. I am going to ride them at 2 bar this weekend and see what it feels like. I am 64kg's.