Boonen and cut off in TT

Groot Lem

Boonen posted a time of just under 1h18min. If the winning time today is around 1h4m30 sec he is OUT! Cut off is 20%. If it dries up this is very possible.

1:04:30 looks pretty unlikely and I don't think they will cut the green jersey.  Robbie will have to beat Tom to take that green jersey!!!

Vino is smoking!  Wonder what drugs he's on....

One has to wonder with that miracle recovery in the last week.

And

what drug is Robbie Hunter on? "One has to wonder" how he managed to

finish regularly in the top 5 this year when last year he couldn't even

place in the top 30?

So if someone achieves something that is

above mediocre then they automatically are on drugs? C'mon have some

faith!!! There is more than a slight probability that they are doing it

without PED's.

Excellent time trial.  Rasmussen, Evans, Contador and Leipheimer all much better than expected.  Vino moves back within striking distance.  Mayo and Valverde were very disappointing, with the other climbers performing adequately.

Don't think Boonen missed the cut.

And what drug is Robbie Hunter on? "One has to wonder" how he managed to finish regularly in the top 5 this year when last year he couldn't even place in the top 30?

So if someone achieves something that is above mediocre then they automatically are on drugs? C'mon have some faith!!! There is more than a slight probability that they are doing it without PED's.

Come on, in the current environment the riders must be happy if we don't ask for lie detector tests after every stage!!!  Vino hobbles in with stitches all over and fishnet stockings and looks centimetres from death.  Then, boom, he blows everyone away!  Great yes, but slightly surprising.  I like Vino and really hope he is clean, but he has not been very vocal against the dopers.  In fact he has sided with the 'invasion of privacy' jokers.  So don't shoot me for being slightly cynical.

AND HANDS OFF ROBBIE!  His form has been consistent, not a resurrection like Vino!!!!Angry

yeah i was very impreseed by rasmussen

I almost had the top 3 in the stage in my TDF team, i picked vino, kloden and kashyken, pity cadel had to place 2nd otherwise i would have had the top 3 in the stage and the yellow and KOM(if rasmusen still holds that) in the TDF competition, should have pushed me to the top in the TDF competition.

Come on' date=' in the current environment the riders must be happy if we don't ask for lie detector tests after every stage!!!  Vino hobbles in with stitches all over and fishnet stockings and looks centimetres from death.  Then, boom, he blows everyone away!  Great yes, but slightly surprising.  I like Vino and really hope he is clean, but he has not been very vocal against the dopers.  In fact he has sided with the 'invasion of privacy' jokers.  So don't shoot me for being slightly cynical.

AND HANDS OFF ROBBIE!  His form has been consistent, not a resurrection like Vino!!!!Angry
[/quote']Robbie proved last year that he was made of the right stuff when he was one of the strongest guys supporting Landis - so my comments are ironical just to demonstrate my point.

But I disagree with you. Vino has been gradually getting stronger. How many times did you see footage of him suffering in the last two days? He did very well to stay well positioned in the shade throughout and just give himself every opportunity to recover. Today was the day that made sense for him to come out and show his stuff.

I'm not saying he did it and I am glad he won!  He is a great TT'er, but last time someone rocovered after a bad stage he spoilt my Tdf. I am just fed up hearing later that it was too good to be true.  I hope my SLIGHT apprehension is totally unfounded.  Just a nigling little voice in the background...

The one thing today has done is blow all the preconceptions out of the water.  Valverde was woeful and Rasmussen brilliant.  Sastre disappointing and Evans dangerous.  Great stuff!

Willehond2007-07-21 10:59:17

I'm not saying he did it and I am glad he won!  He is a great TT'er' date=' but last time someone rocovered after a bad stage he spoilt my Tdf. I am just fed up hearing later that it was too good to be true.  I hope my SLIGHT apprehension is totally unfounded.  Just a nigling little voice in the background...

The one thing today has done is blow all the preconceptions out of the water.  Valverde was woeful and Rasmussen brilliant.  Sastre disappointing and Evans dangerous.  Great stuff!

[/quote']

I have to agree that Rasmussen was brilliant. I didn't expect him to still be wearing the yellow after a TT. He prooves to be a BIG threat not only in the moutains. Evans also surprised me. I never expected a great TT from Sastre and the fact that he is still in the top 10 is a good performance for a non-TT rider. Vino made a fantastic come back! This tour is wide open and very exciting to follow.

And what drug is Robbie Hunter on? "One has to wonder" how he managed to finish regularly in the top 5 this year when last year he couldn't even place in the top 30?

So if someone achieves something that is above mediocre then they automatically are on drugs? C'mon have some faith!!! There is more than a slight probability that they are doing it without PED's.

Last 5 years was a domestique. Last year he was riding for drug boy flandis. This year he's the main man and everyone is riding for him...

The recovery is from the 60 stitches in his knees and elbow and if I Email him ur post, u will have 60+stitches when he gets hold of u!those Kazaks dont play.NNF

Last 5 years was a domestique. Last year he was riding for drug boy flandis. This year he's the main man and everyone is riding for him...

Took the words right out of my mouth.

The recovery is from the 60 stitches in his knees and elbow and if I Email him ur post' date=' u will have 60+stitches when he gets hold of u!those Kazaks dont play.NNF
[/quote']

Dear NNF, real Kazaks (sic) don't have email.  Real Kazaks (?) don't take orders or sh!t from you, me or even the UCI!  They do what their mothers and their coaches tell them to.

Plus real Kazaks don't leave stitches...

Remember NNF, no one likes a snitch!  Capeesh?
Willehond2007-07-21 13:05:45