MTB Under 4k

bullzeye

Im am looking for the best bike under 4 k.I need it daily to cycle 5km to university and like riding trails.Advice.I had a bike with cble disc and I am hooked on  discs.I am also looking for a shop which can give me the best price or someone who can get one for me at cost?I am in Port Elizabeth studying so cash isn't to flowing.

look for some second hand deals.  Under 4k, you are not going to get much if you want hydraulic disks!

Not to discredit anyone, but at this price break I believe a V brake system will give you better performace. I think you still get rippred off just because it is a "disk break"

Just my ZAR 500.

Not to discredit anyone' date=' but at this price break I believe a V brake system will give you better performace. I think you still get rippred off just because it is a "disk break"

Just my ZAR 500.
[/quote']

agreed. but some people insist on discs, even if they're rubbish discs

Dick, good point.  Cable disks are prolly not worth it anyway and at the lower end of the budget scale, you don't want to waste money on disks and get bad components.  Agree, get good v-brakes and have fun.

Go see Rob Rudman at Cyclopro (just off William Moffat next to Profiles Gym). He gives the best advice and service in PE.

Or if you are prepared to go second hand, contact Shenley at Second Slip in Fernglen. He has a lot of good quality second hand stuff.

In that price range I'll stick to v's. Otherwise take a look at the felt Q220. Its got decent cable discs and a awesome frame..ready to be upgraded. R3200.

Eugene do you have the telephone number for second slip?I can't find it in the yellow pages.