Biggest loser.....with pics!

andretraut

I have placed my one week old Merida Scultura 905 Com on an instant weight loss program, and the results are great! Replaced the stock Vittoria Rubino tyres (305g per piece) with Vittoria Open Corsa (230g per piece) as well as lighter tubes, and no rim tape. But the true weight reduction was achieved by replacing the Alex Road Aero and Ultegra hub wheel set with a pair of Mavic Ksyrium SL Red (1485g per set). Dropped the standard weight of 8.1kg to 7.4kg. This wheel set not only looks great and saves weight, but is as stiff as a honeymoon horn on 'v' and rolls really well. The moral of the story...I am content with the expenses, and my baby lost 700g in one day.....biggest loser! Wink

Standard wheel set on the Scultura 905

20100510_002244_Copy_of_IMG_005.JPG

Scultura 905 with Mavic Ksyrium SL Red

20100510_002334_IMG_0056.JPG

20100510_003105_IMG_0058.JPG20100510_002412_IMG_0057.JPG

Well done. You'll enjoy that wheelset. I have the SSC SL's that I use as racing wheels. No complaints about them either.

sho, thats quite impressive. Looks pretty sweet too

congrats & enjoy your new goodies, pretty sure your bike will feel like a brand new machine

Look carbon Blades would shed a few more grams. If that seatpost is a FSA250 you can loose a bit there aswell.