Robbers target cyclists, bikers

Robotech

where and how did this happen .... how did they stop the bikes? It just doesn't seem real!!

what would happen if one or two cyclists simply stopped and randomly robbed one of the usual suspects in one of the ususal suspect areas?

As with all crime in our country, there is very little concequence so they carry on. As I mentioned in a previous posting- once a few of them get shot ( dead) no court case or bail they will stop their s#*t.

As with all crime in our country' date=' there is very little concequence so they carry on. As I mentioned in a previous posting- once a few of them get shot ( dead) no court case or bail they will stop their s#*t.[/quote']

I doubt that, cash in transit robbers get killed but they still continue, thugs are killed while trying to rob off duty police of their firearms, they still continue. For most of them the benefits outweigh the risk.

Agreed Scotty - last year the police shot dead 575 people, more than 10 per week.

That's more than any country in the world legally executes through the death penalty - see top scorers below.

There seems to be an unending supply of takers.

# 1   China:470
# 2   Iran:317
# 3   Saudi Arabia:143  
# 4   Pakistan:135
# 5   DRC100  
# 6   Egypt:48
# 7   United States:42  

Quote from that news24 report :-

"Some of these bicycles cost up to R65 000, so it's 'easy money' for the

criminals."

whoever's buying these bikes for The "easy money" , is more guilty then they are!Angry

they the ones I'd like to my hands on!!Censored

sorry, where was this and any idea how they managed to stop three motorcyclists .... was this on a road .... why are the details being kept so secret???

Its not always bikes criminals want, riders have cellphones, watches, money etc, easy pickings for them.

As with all crime in our country' date=' there is very little concequence so they carry on. As I mentioned in a previous posting- once a few of them get shot ( dead) no court case or bail they will stop their s#*t.[/quote']

I doubt that, cash in transit robbers get killed but they still continue, thugs are killed while trying to rob off duty police of their firearms, they still continue. For most of them the benefits outweigh the risk.

I 'd rather have a few of them killed , then at least we are not dying alone??????????Ouch  I take your point that it might not stop them, but it may discourage more of them from joining in!

Agreed Scotty - last year the police shot dead 575 people' date=' more than 10 per week.

That's more than any country in the world legally executes through the death penalty - see top scorers below.

There seems to be an unending supply of takers.

# 1   China:470
# 2   Iran:317
# 3   Saudi Arabia:143  
# 4   Pakistan:135
# 5   DRC100  
# 6   Egypt:48
# 7   United States:42  
[/quote']

That's the issue too, in those countries there is a real concequence ( death), so less people have to die before most learn a lesson!But with SA not having that luxury, our criminals fear nothing.So what is your suggestion?I'm telling you and them that if I'm riding with my wife or son and they try and rob us, I'll shoot them!

Nice to have done but how many cyclists have been shot and killed as opposed to just roughed up and had their stuff stolen, if cyclists now carry guns this will make them more of a target albeit a dangerous one.

Nice to have done but how many cyclists have been shot and killed as opposed to just roughed up and had their stuff stolen' date=' if cyclists now carry guns this will make them more of a target albeit a dangerous one.

[/quote']

See thats the attitude that will make roughing us up acceptable. House robberies use to be only people getting roughed up and it changed to stabbing - not because the robbers were being stabbed?

I've never heard of a victim of a robbery trying to also rape the robber, yet they rape the victims all the time. Gun free countries also never have a drop in crime after banning guns!So we too must not buy a car once we leave school as that too will make us bigger targets for thieves.