Cyclists Unite V2

Lukep

We are all aware of the bike jacking taking place across the country, and the reality is that SAPS are not going to do anything about it , so the only people who can is us!

Bike jacking in the past was opportunistic, it is now organised planned and executed with military precision.

The question is what can we do and this is the reason for this thread:

Let?s put our ideas down and see if we can make something work.

I think this is what we must stop doing:

1.       Having and us and them approach to other cyclists and cycling clubs we are all one community! And need to act as such

2.       Thinking that the place where you cycle is safe! It is only a matter of time until the rest of the criminal?s cotton onto the easy money and low risk of bike jacking vs. carjacking they may claim your riding grounds as their jacking grounds?

3.        If you are buying a 2010 top of the range bike that retails for R65 000 for R20 000 make sure it is not stolen.

4.       Don?t be penny wise and pound foolish, if we all have to pay R100 per month to hire a security company then let?s do it.

I would also suggest that we keep records of the serial numbers of our bike and should a bike ever be stolen we can post the serial number here and try to prevent the resell of stolen goods. Stop the demand and they will not carry on stealing them.

There is already someone doing that. http://www.nbrza.co.za/

You have to pay for the service. It's not expensive though. I saw it this morning. With this, we need support from most cyclists.

A lot of people don't know about the hub.

Another idea is tracking devices to recover the bike. We'll have to find one that's small enough and has a good battery life. Problem with this idea is that you'll recover your bike, if you're a life and not shot dead.

I say we rob and murder them. Just for a change. Its many years since the country was rehabilitated.  I work for my money.  Its not alot. But I work for it.  Like all cyclists I am tired of mo'fo"s believing in a system of removing through force what is mine and making it thiers.  So. I say lets turn the tide - Rob them.  Murder them. Steal thier shoes and take thier hats and bury them in shallow graves...!!!

Ok. Sorry, these chisel thieves are making me lose the plot. The hundred rand a month thing also sounds like a good solution.Big%20smile 

I hear you, the other idea is to pay for armed gaurds to line the route , but guns lead to violence and in the world of guns the criminals always have more and are more willing to use them.

A small part of me still says burn 'em.  From the feet up.  I've seen that before and it would really mess up their day.

And that will learn 'em.

!!!LEAVE OUR BIKES ALONE!!

About the tracking, Im in contact with a compony in NZ that manufacture gps tracking modules the size of your thumbnail. As soon as you can track them u can get rid of them.

Im also game for the R100 a month for sush service.

The funny thing is that I suspect that if we do get the security company involved the SAPS will then do some thing about it beacuse they will look bad.

Lets keep the ball rolling on this if we can get some volumes of people keen to pay the fee we can start to negotiate with the companies.

We can make it exciting for the riders and difficult for the criminal bby changing the venue every weekend so they dont know where we will be and when but we know that we will be secure.?

What do think of that Idea?

This is a really uneasy topic. Part of me says my family should leave this country and move to where my kids and myself can cycle without looking left and right into bushes and part of me says its my country why should I leave. The reality is this is goingto get worse before it gets better. I personally think this is only the beginning before the other thugs figure out this easy money.

I am sure that a lot of people share the opinion that these bike thieving citizens should be shot on site 'cos SAPS isn't doing anything about them. Vigilante type behaviour might seem like a good solution, especially by people who have had some sort of weaponry stuck in thier face.

It would be VERY interesting to see how involved the police would suddenly be if a potential thief was shot...

This is a really uneasy topic. Part of me says my family should leave this country and move to where my kids and myself can cycle without looking left and right into bushes and part of me says its my country why should I leave. The reality is this is goingto get worse before it gets better. I personally think this is only the beginning before the other thugs figure out this easy money.

that is why we must unite and solve the problem oursleves, the government can be bothered with us. We are the ones who need to fight this battle.

I am sure that a lot of people share the opinion that these bike thieving citizens should be shot on site 'cos SAPS isn't doing anything about them. Vigilante type behaviour might seem like a good solution' date=' especially by people who have had some sort of weaponry stuck in thier face.

It would be VERY interesting to see how involved the police would suddenly be if a potential thief was shot...
[/quote']

I am not suggesting a vigilante type approach I am suggrsting a security company protecting us and our assests whihc is why security companies exisist , imagine a route that has been swept before the riders ride it a motorcycle riding upfront with an armed guard one at the back of the group and a third floating up and down the group to ensure safety of all.

I am keen on getting a gun, but if they realise that we're shooting back, then they will become more aggresive and next time they'll just shoot you instead of holding you at gunpoint.

imagine a route that has been swept before the riders ride it a motorcycle riding upfront with an armed guard one at the back of the group and a third floating up and down the group to ensure safety of all.

Sounds utterly dreadful.