Merida Rocks!!!!!!!!!

Dicky DQ

Just a short note of thanks to the Merida agents in SA.

You Rock!!!!!!smiley32.gif

Why you ask, well I noticed a small hairline crack at the top of my headset and I was still thinking about contacting the agents to discuss. But I was afraid of the schlep and was not in for a fight.

(OK I am also a Merida Fan I am on my second one, my wife has one and my son has one)

WELLLL!!!! what happens next I am out riding with a mate on a Saturday(Also on a Merida mind you) and we are caught buy the Cape Town Merida rep (Sorry His name escapes me now I will post later). And I say in jest, you are just the man I want to speak to. He says why and I show him.

What does he do? Nothing NOT!!!!!!!

1. He Takes a photo of crack and BB serial no. and my name and number.

2. He Askes if I can take the bike to Mason Bike Inn.

3. Says he will sort it out by Wednesday (This is Saturday remember andthe Tuesday is a public holiday)

4. I say cool and we ride on.

Then Blow me over!!!! Monday at 10:00am or so, He calls me!!!! Can you believe. Says take bike to Masons Bike Inn by Wednesday as the replacement frame will be there.

And IT IS!!!!!smiley32.gif

Thanks Guys this is awsome service!!!!!smiley32.gif

You have a customer for life.

PS Thanks Mason for the rebuild.

What! You did not rebuild your own bike! Now you have ruined a perfectly good ending LOL

Glad to hear this about Merida. Hope I never need to test it.

yes, very nice to c that there is still ppl who take pride in what they do

I had a very similar experience with Merida! It's good to see that there are still manufacturers in SA, who still believes in client care and after sales service. I'm also on my 3rd Merida and believes in the brand like my bible!

ClapClapClapClapStarStarStarStar

I had similar great service from Merida. Had a crack in the chainstay of my carbon 96, took it back to the shop I got it from (Leigh's Cycle Centre at the Pavilion) and had it replaced within the week.

It's little wonder that there are so many Merida's around on the trails (and roads) now. Top service, top product!

I had simnilar exprience with Merida, the agent (Derick i think) really takes pride in his brand

The question should be why are so many of them breaking, and that is just in SA.

But +1 for the agents for sorting it out.

As a Merida man myself (two Merida babies in the garage, a mtb and a Scultura road bike), it is great to hear your story. They are awesome bikes with great Merida backup! Specced well beyond their price rivals!Thumbs%20Up atraut2010-05-13 04:28:12

My thoughts exactly, Mampara. But then I tend to go with the philosophy that every silver lining has a cloud.

Sounds like they really know about customer service, cant comment personally as i've never had issues with my merida going on 3 years now.

I think if you do a search you will find more incidents about broken/cracked spez frames than you would for Merida. Any frame can break. I've put 10,000 k's on my Merida hardtail with no issues

I think if you do a search you will find more incidents about broken/cracked spez frames than you would for Merida. Any frame can break. I've put 10' date='000 k's on my Merida hardtail with no issues

[/quote']

They are from the same factory actually.