CRC Delivery Time

whitesox

I ordered a Garmin Edge 500 about 3 weeks ago and still nothing in the mail?

Anyone else wait this long? They state expected delivery time is 5-8 days. Maybe it's the Volcano?

I mailed them twice in the last 3 days and no reply, not a happy customer. anybody else have similar problems?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should have a tracking number on your intial order. From there u can see when it left the UK, Once in SA you will get a new tracking number starting with II. That u can trace via SAPO

www.sapo.co.za

I chose the economy mail option, the cheaper of the two, so there is no tracking number. I mailed them to ghet the number and nothing yet.

It was awhile since I last orderd, I think it was hard to find, but have a look on your invoice or order confrimation for a number starting with EE

Once you have that you can track it here. http://www.parcelforce.com/portal/pw

Mine came via the "free" shipment, would guess it's the same route.

I had a set of wheels take 3 weeks but that was because they had to wait for rims.

Normally orders to SA were about 10 days.

Cheap skate.  Wink

UPS is better.  Gets tracked from the second it leaves the shop to your front door.

Ordered Friday afternoon and it arrived Tuesday morning at 10.

Not bad for the extra monies paid. 

Do youself a favour and just go to the post office where the parcel is being sent to and check there international parcel book for your name. It happened twice to me that the tracking would say arrived in SA or clearing customs when the package was already waiting for me at the post office

usually we place orders before 11am on Tuesdays and collect directly from OR Tambo mail centre on Friday lunchtime, using Parcel Force. Tracking number is provided so we can easily see when it is incountry, and make arrangements to collect before it does the long slow EMS trip to our Post office.

Royal Mail does take a few days longer, and yes there is NO tracking number which is not great with the thieving trolls that handle what we purchase from overseas.

Next time do yourself a real favour and use Parcelforce if you dont qualify for free shipping. Getting a tracking number is worth every extra cent in giving you peace of mind as to your purchase's whereabouts.

Volcano would definitely have added much time to the delivery as everything was relegated to a priority list.

Also ordering over public holidays such as easter is not a clever idea, as no work gets done anywhere over that time...

Rude2010-05-13 09:49:49

Even with the royal mail or free shipping option there is a tracking number as soon as they ship it. Just look on your order confirmation on the site.

It must be there. If they haven't sent you a confirmation yet or it is not on the site( your basket area) it was not send yet and they are prob. waiting for stock and still bussy "processing" the order.

No you are wrong, with Royal Mail, the Parcel Number is not traceable, so quite worthless in practical terms.

All the numbers are usually in your order confirmation page in your CRC account.

You should have a tracking number on your intial order. From there u can see when it left the UK' date=' Once in SA you will get a new tracking number starting with II. That u can trace via SAPO
www.sapo.co.za
[/quote']

I have a Parcelforce EE tracking number but have not yet had any update beyong Tuesday morning at Heathrow.

Where do I get this SAPO number from to see if I can track it there ?

[

I have a Parcelforce EE tracking number but have not yet had any update beyong Tuesday morning at Heathrow.

Where do I get this SAPO number from to see if I can track it there ?

Call < ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">< name="ProgId" ="Word.">< name="Generator" ="Microsoft Word 12">< name="Originator" ="Microsoft Word 12"><>

0860111502 SAPO tracking

Be patient and listen to the tannie's recorded voice (I kid you not)

Give the "consultant" your Uk tracking number, they should then be able to give you a SA Post Office tracking number (obviously it has to be in SA for this number to be created)

SAPO tracking: 0860111502

Give your UK tracking number(after waiting patiently), once your parcel is in SA a new tracking number is generated by the SAPO.

Apologies for the last post, PC gremlins/finger trouble.

Ahhh CRC what a bunch of sharks...

I heard good things about them, saw a Cube TT bike at a great price so I decided to buy it (first mistake).

A few days later the bike arrives, I give the SA government their cut and off I head home.

I open the box and thr fork is badly scratched - ahh well I think - nothing is perfect.

Then I look at the crank - it's 170mm - not a bad length for a crank apart from the fact that it's on an extra large bike.

So I cough and buy an Ultegra SL crank.

Then I pop it on the trainer and try and stand up - my forearms rub against the pads on the TT bars. Huh? I think. Ahhh they're narros (marked Small) - they are in fact the smallest carbon base bar that Syntace make. On an extra large bike. Trying to stand up and pedal is like hanging onto the stem and pedalling. Stupid.

I decided what the hell and take it for a ride. Something feels weird and as I gather speed a consistent whump whump whump starts coming from the back wheel.

I stop and have a look. The Shwalbe Ultremo R tye has a bulge in it.

By now I'm less than pleased with CRC and send them an email stating that.

Their reply?

Hi Darryl,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately this is the way the bike is delivery to us from Cube, so we are unable to exchange any of the items.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,

Elaine

Ah well at least they apologised! The *******.

So.,..moreal of the story? Check, recheck, double check everry friggin aspect and size of every frigging part on the bike before you buy it and expect zippity zip service if anything is wrong.

Better yet - unless it's something they can't screw up - buy local.

Please tell everyone you can find about CRC's didgy service and complete lack of back up service. I plan on doing it.

My little way of paying it forward...

Steer clear of CRC!