Mountain Bikers in east rand ?

svm3000

How many of you are living in the east rand (benoni ,boksburg,brakpan)

and ride mountainbikes ?

I see many bikes at pro cycles for service and I never see the owners riding

It would be great if we could get some bigger riding groups together on weekends

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me me me, unfortunately there are no clubs on East Rand that have strong MTB following with exception of Finish line so its mostly individuals that get together. Some are put off by the pace,  its one thing to be dropped on a club road ride but quite something else to get dropped on a MTB ride (my GPS comes in handy). Our club had a MTB ride last week and all of 3 including me turned up. 

Getting more riders involved you can then split into 2 or more ride groups.

Also ride in the East. Have joined 1 or 2 of the club MTB rides in the past. Times and days are a bit of a juggle for me. So do a lot of solo rides.

I know the other 2 are keen' date='  will see if i can round up some others. [/quote']

scotty, we have a mutual friend who has been whingeing that his MTB has to be his worst investment ever.... never rides it.... blah, blah,blah....

since he's also on the east rand, I think you should twist his arm sometime.

Just not this time because he's cavorting somewhere in Norff Africa

Smile

thats the spirit lets get all the Eastrand Mountainbikes together and start having a JolClap

I know the other 2 are keen' date='  will see if i can round up some others. [/quote']

scotty, we have a mutual friend who has been whingeing that his MTB has to be his worst investment ever.... never rides it.... blah, blah,blah....

since he's also on the east rand, I think you should twist his arm sometime.

Just not this time because he's cavorting somewhere in Norff Africa

Smile

More the merrier Big%20smile

More the merrier Big%20smile

Just a word of warning.... he moans a lot about how much fun he isn't having, why he ever bought the stupid bike, why we can't ride on the tar road that's 2m away etc etc

He kinda grow's on you though and if there's coffee and bar-one pancakes up for grabs after (or during) the ride, then he's game LOL

have fun guys