SLUDGE/SLIME INTO PRESTA TUBES

drugslinger

does anyone know how to get slime/sludge/no-flats into presta-valved tubes?

let me know what the procedure is please.

Yeah, I cut a hole in the tube, filled it and patched it.Don't bother with a syringe, the hole blocks quick. Have u considered the tubeless conversion? Got video's on youtube (ghetto tubeless) works like a bomb!! You can use any tires, depending on the terrain ur riding smiley1.gif

Unscrew the nip from the tip of the valve. Keep it somewhere. Drop the valve into the tube but keep your hands on it. Use a clothes line peg to keep it secure inside the tube. Squirt your sealant in through the open valve. Once done, work the valve core back through the valve and screw the nip on. Have done it dozens of times.

First prize: buy tubes with removeable valve cores (e.g. Continental). Otherwise Azonic's method works well, even with the porridge-like OKO sealant. You sometimes need a fairly high pressure, so I use a large syringe with a piece of straw or rubber tube as an adaptor between the syringe nozzle and the valve.

Okay, tubes are R30-50 each. Cheap slime is about R110 a bottle and will be enough for about 3 MTB tubes. Pre-filled CST tubes, the best ones on the market in my opinion, is about R90-110 ea. Keep the other tubes as spares.