shocking behaviour at Montagu mountain mania

mongoose_dude

So I did the Montagu 65km race yesterday (awesome race, by the way)... From the beginning there was a lady on a green / black Cannondale Scalpel who was riding very inconsiderately (many riders commented on this). At about 20km I was riding on a nice open dirt road in a bunch of 4 people, of which she was one. Shortly afterwards, she saw a turnoff which the rest of us must have missed. We were travelling at about 35km/h, and I was right behind her. She then just jammed on her brakes, I hit her back tyre and bailed really hard. Messed up both my knees and hit my elbow and wrist quite hard (hurts like hell today!). My new fully also took a bit of a beating in the crash... Fortunately nothing more serious happened. The other 2 riders stopped to check whether I was fine, but she just f***ed off into the distance.  Later I caught up with her and told her that she?d pulled a pretty crap move, and she just commented ?well otherwise we would have missed the turnoff?. I saw her again later at the finish, and she didn?t even apologise.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I realise accidents happen, especially when us mountainbikers attempt bunch riding. But to cause a crash and then just ride off into the distance without a word is pretty shocking. Though I know the kind lady?s name, I won?t post it here? All I can say: if you see a 40 ? 45 year old woman on a Scalpel, stay far away from her!

[Just for clarity - I'm not stating that the actual crash is her fault at all... I just have an issue with what happened afterwards]

mongoose_dude2010-05-16 12:10:15

Teach you for being a woos slipping ladies. Do you know nothing about ladies being in control of a vehicle?

Teach you for being a woos slipping ladies. Do you know nothing about ladies being in control of a vehicle?

Hey! be nice!! We had a nice bunch going, which she happened to be part of... As far as your second statement is concerned, no comment!!  :-P

Bunch riding is something roadies started to avoid doing any work. Oh and yes riding in the slipstream of a lady is something that will only ever happen in the Cape :)

And lets not let this incident tarnish the rep. of the one and only Scalpel please. Though any who can afford R80k+ for the latest model must have a ?fair amount of single purpose.

Bunch riding is something roadies started to avoid doing any work. Oh and yes riding in the slipstream of a lady is something that will only ever happen in the Cape :)

Ag please man... if there's a woman riding the same pace as the rest of a group and one does some nice sharing of labour, i see no reason why she should not be part of a bunch...! Get over your (presumably Gauteng based) ego!!! Tongue heheh

If you noticed she was dodgy you shouldn't have been on her back wheel.

You give, you take, you don't complain.

And lets not let this incident tarnish the rep. of the one and only Scalpel please. Though any who can afford R80k+ for the latest model must have a  fair amount of single purpose.

I would never say anything against the Scalpel! Big%20smile

It's a dream bike. If I had the cash, and a slightly smaller belly, I'd own one... Tongue

You give' date=' you take, you don't complain.

[/quote']

You, sir, have a point. I suppose that's fair. Still not a pleasant incident, and I just wanted to vent a bit. Ouch

Sorry to hear about your fall. Glad your are ok. But you did hit her and not the other way round. I don't know if my opinion is correct, but if you drive into the back of another car it is always your fault. Could the same not apply for mountain biking? PS she should have made sure that you were OK before leaving the scene.

Sorry to hear about your fall. Glad your are ok. But you did hit her and not the other way round. I don't know if my opinion is correct' date=' but if you drive into the back of another car it is always your fault. Could the same not apply for mountain biking? PS she should have made sure that you were OK before leaving the scene.[/quote']

thanks man...

I do agree entirely with you - arguably the crash is as much my fault as anyone else's. My actual point is exactly what you said in your PS! You don't just head off into the bush if you're part of an accident...

Guest Big H

[/quote']

He was sitting there lookin at her @ss were you not you pervert..... does her husband know you have been ogling her?????? Is that why you do not want to post her name ..... mmmmmmm?????? Jy is nou net suurtiet omdat jy nie haar handsigns gesien het nie..... come on admit it!!!!!!!!

[/quote']

He was sitting there lookin at her @ss were you not you pervert..... does her husband know you have been ogling her?????? Is that why you do not want to post her name ..... mmmmmmm?????? Jy is nou net suurtiet omdat jy nie haar handsigns gesien het nie..... come on admit it!!!!!!!!

Hahahah. Ok - you got me LOL

look, i havent read all the stuff, all I have to say is your guys (testotesrone) must get with the programme.. simple

Roadie, wheelsucking on a MTB... Seriously though, I try , when I do the Odd mtb race, not to sit too close to the wheel in front of me. But ya, other racing for price money and top positions will disagree.