Vino fails test!!!!

Pantani

But how do we know that naughty naughty Franch lab hasn't cocked up the results again? After all, the world now knows how bad their test procedure is ....... Wink

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda knew he was guilty. cause of the way he rode.

No offence but that is lame then Solero on TBW is also on juice with the way he is riding up the mountains.

Solero?  The guys on Barloworld are on ICE CREAM?? Is that illegal now?LOL

Time for the UCI, SPonsors, Pro Tour, Television everone to realy get serious, there is a lot of anti drug talk and no results, how the hell can a main contender like Vino think he will get away with it?

Because chances are he will, because there is no real atempt to clean up our sport, because we dont want the next tour to be slower than the last, because we want to see superhuman TT's, we want to see blistering pace up huge mountains, we want to see riders riding out of their skin day after day and not feeling it.

Stop Doping and drugging and you will change the sport as we all see it. That is exactly what should happen. Pro cycling needs to die a swift painful death, the implications of guys live Vino need to be felt by all.

Those of you in the know repeatedly say, everyone is doing it, they are all dirty, only a few unlucky ones get caught. That is the damn problem, there is widespread condonation from the riders to the sponsors for druging and doping. No one realy gives a dam. And those at the top of the sport dont realy, realy want to do anything.

The bottom line is, those of us who love the sport and shout like t**sers supporting our riders, are the real loosers at the end of the day, loosers because we trust (in the face of evidence that our sport is dirty) and we continue to support the sport and the riders and loosers because it kills the love of the sport when yet another schmuck is found to have doped.

I am so sick of this,

Was just wondering why Mayo and Christoff is riding so ***.  They might just be clean!?

As for RH, I really hope he's clean!  It will hurt cycling in SA BIG TIME if he should test positive!

Typical roadies, can't ride 170 - 230 k's per day for 3 weeks with only 2 rest days without taking drugs.

1. Could guys who rode super well in the past' date=' but seem to be off this year actully be clean? Im thinking of Voight, Hincapie, Millar, Valverde.

2. Vino took dope to ride a super TT, what happened the next day? Did the give him the wrong bottle, or was his body rejecting the dope?
[/quote']

Hincapie off??? what tour are you watching!!!Confused

From Chris Carmichael:

Interestingly, if he's guilty, Vinokourov will be one of the first riders who signed the UCI's "Riders' Commitment to a New Cycling" to test positive for doping. As a result, on top of the normal 2-year suspension, Vino would have to pay the UCI his entire 2007 salary. It's the first time the UCI has added a huge financial penalty to the fight against doping, and as a threat it may not have deterred Vino, but let's see what happens when riders start having to write big checks.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

cheveley2007-07-25 00:58:58

I just cannot believe it. How accurate is this doping test? What are the chances that these tests are not producing false positives? You guys all confident with the science behind these tests?
From SuperCycling website...

Astana team manager Marc Biver said he had confidence in the blood doping test which has snared his star rider Alexandre Vinokourov and caused a scandal at the Tour de France.

Biver was speaking only hours after being told that 33-year-old team leader Vinokorov, the winner of two stages on this year's race, had tested positive for homologous blood doping.

If a test on his 'B' sample also tests positive, it means that Vinokourov has injected red blood cells from a compatible donor to enhance his performance.

"We can't condemn Alexandre until we know there has been a clear doping violation, and we have to wait for the result of the 'B' sample," said Biver.

"But for us, if his 'A' sample tested positive then he is guilty until the 'B' sample proves otherwise."

Biver said he had spoken with Vinkourov after hearing the bad news from a race official.

"He (Vinokourov) said he couldn't understand how it could have happened. He believes it is the result of his crash.

"But the test used was validated by WADA (World Anti Doping Agency), and so the test is credible."

he added: "It is obvious that it (the test) is impossible to manipulate."

I just cannot believe it. How accurate is this doping test? What are the chances that these tests are not producing false positives? You guys all confident with the science behind these tests?
From SuperCycling website...

Astana team manager Marc Biver said he had confidence in the blood doping test which has snared his star rider Alexandre Vinokourov and caused a scandal at the Tour de France.

Biver was speaking only hours after being told that 33-year-old team leader Vinokorov' date=' the winner of two stages on this year's race, had tested positive for homologous blood doping.

If a test on his 'B' sample also tests positive, it means that Vinokourov has injected red blood cells from a compatible donor to enhance his performance.

"We can't condemn Alexandre until we know there has been a clear doping violation, and we have to wait for the result of the 'B' sample," said Biver.

"But for us, if his 'A' sample tested positive then he is guilty until the 'B' sample proves otherwise."

Biver said he had spoken with Vinkourov after hearing the bad news from a race official.

"He (Vinokourov) said he couldn't understand how it could have happened. He believes it is the result of his crash.

"But the test used was validated by WADA (World Anti Doping Agency), and so the test is credible."

he added: "It is obvious that it (the test) is impossible to manipulate."
[/quote']

Did he perhaps fall on the same spot that dog was hit..... could it be animal blood,...... or from a prang on that spot ten years earlier...... thank goodness he is not a woman..... poor soul he could have been pregnant now!!!!!!!!

The wierdest thing is that when I do not watch a stage they winner gets cought doping. Last year I did not see Landis win that mountain stage and this time I did not see the time trial. Damn, why did I always watch all the stages that LA won.

20070725_014827_astana.JPG

L'equipe reports the second sample also tested positive. Minor blood components are shown to be those of a donor, and not his own. The same offence as Tyler Hamilton. Above photo ( from L'Equipe) shows a police raid on the astana team van last night

Vino maintains innocence ( dont they all ?) . He says the blood anomaly may be due to a haematoma on his leg from the crash, and he will consult his own doctors immediately. The radio said he may have had a transfusion from his father. Vino says " in that case I can assure you I would have tested positive for vodka only!"

Irishj92007-07-25 02:49:27

Guys as Chunky has stated there is more than meets the eye with regards doping in sport even in SA. ask yourselves why the athletes who were tested positive and banned(Pretoria region)spoken out against the chemist supplying them and why the Doping agency has done nothing to date yet they know who was the supplier from these athletes. Surely some one stands to lose financially from such transactions and the credibility of some persons within these agencies must be questioned.

Is it not funny the T Mobile rider dope test took almost a month to break yet Vino's done within a few days.