Question Regarding Rules

Chilli Pepper

I know that if you're a licensed rider and you want to ride for a different province than the one you live in, you have to have a release letter from your province.

Does this also apply within the province?  If you want to change from a club in one town (in which you live) to a club in another town?  Both towns are in the same province. 

Chilli Pepper2007-07-25 01:32:52

But you can only licence through one club, and that is the club colours that you have to race in.

So if you got your licence through TSC then you race in TSC colours, and you can belong (socially) to as many clubs you like. CSA will register you against your licenced club only. (This is how it operates in the running environment).

Maybe Lat Emmer can give some guidelines on this?

ps it is always wise to get the paperwork correct, because you will from time to time come into contact with your old club. Maybe the guy you annoy today could be the guy who could have helped you out in a break tommorrow.

Kona, yes this is relevant to licenced cyclists.  a Licenced cyclist may however, as you stated belong socially to another club and must cycle in the clothes of his registered sponsor.  For cyclo licence you can belong to more than one club and changed clubs if you want to.  Make sure that your club fees are paid up, though

The is a domicle rule that comes into play with regards your province of registration. I cannot understand the ethics of belonging to more than one club, where does one's loyalty lay then.

CP change your province BUT not your club, I doubt you will find better anywhere else.

Just remember that if you move from one province to another and your club is not registered in the new province, you'll not be able to apply through your club for a new licence

Okay, let me clarify:

1.  This is not for me.  I'm VERY happy with my current club - TCS - and I'm not a licensed rider. 

2.  The person this has bearing on, wanted to join a club in another town, due to personal differences.  She is a licensed rider.  She sent in notice to the old club that she is leaving the club to join the other one.  She has now changed to the new club and also changed and received her new license.  Now the previous club says that she should've got a release letter from them prior to changing to the new club.

I just wanted to know if this was necessary, or just a way to make life as difficult as possible for her.  As far as my knowledge goes, this only applies if you want to ride for a club that is not in the province you live in. 

These people are such complete and utter idjits (read a*holes) that like to play on a person's feelings.  And I do not like it when someone upsets and/or takes advantage of my friends.

Chilli, legally they should have had a release letter but if she told her club etc etc it isn't really such an issue (In my opinion) and the new club should have asked for it before doing licences etc, so they are actually in the wrong anyway...

I hope I'm making sense, I need to go homeConfused

Thanks for the replies. 

Maybe Latrinus can just add his 2c if he wants, or send me a link so I can check out the rules.  Please?Smile

Chilli have your friend deliver a written request to the old club stating she wants a be released from them for the reasons she has and to send a copy to CSA as well, this would be the norm and standard in any code of sport however if she has a contract in place it is another matter.

If there is no monies or obligations involved they are compelled to give her a clearance letter to present to her new club for their registartion purposes. The admin at CSA should not have processed her registration without this letter in the first place shows us once again that Carinus has a lots more to do to clean out his department which I am sure he will do only problem is he has to much to do as it appears the whole admin is in a mess.