why ride

baloo

Hi I'm a journalist and go mountain biking on weekends.

I'm doing a brief story on popularity of mountain biking, whether it's increasing and why people do it.  Any comments welcome - but most won't get in as limited word count. Thanks

I ride MTB because it is fun, It is the closest I wil ever get to feeling like a kid again, because I can have a bad day and go on my bike and really forget of all my problems, no time to think of your problems when you are hitting a trail hard. I ride because when I feel down on myself or insecure doing a ride actually makes me feel good about myself again.  I ride for the great friends I have made on my rides. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I ride to spend time with my husband and to spend time by myself.  I ride because even when I am not in the mood once I am on my bike I love it and am glad I decided to go for a ride.  I ride to keep fit an healthy.  I rid for the sense of accomplishment I get when I feel I cant go any more and I push myself to get to the top of that hill.  I ride because I love it, I want to go riding now.

Hi I'm a journalist

Agent!

Just kidding.....Big%20smile

one word - awesome!

put in your story alot of people do it to reconnect with oupa's plaas in the Free State - they just dont realise it..... there are alot of 'childhood' references in MTB.

"Put the fun between your legs" no other way to describe it!

I use to MTB as it was a means of escape. It help me clear my mind. Sadly though, I found that as you get fitter, the distance to travel to get your mind clear grows somewhat. From my first 7km killer loop at Delvera, to my last 195km ride alongside PappaBeer.

MTB is also a culture of like minded peeps. I enjoy the friendships that develop and grow from cycling.

Fun between my legs... Big%20smile

Cause Its the most responsable way to get totally wreckliss and lose myself in my addictions. While Im on it I forget about all else and when Im done, Its like my life has been washed with FUN and for the next 2 hours-10 days Im buzzing and I jump up and down and do all childish stuff. It makes me 16 again. or maybe its just me, and why they called me Bos..

You gotta love the rush of flying with your hardtail past guys on their duellies on a technical downhill.

And for a deeper meaning: You learn alot about yourself and what you are made of.

In one sentence, to promote a healthier lifestyle and to enjoy nature in all it's splendor! smiley1.gif

Escape from the rat race, pressures of society, play like a child. Going down a hill, slightly out of control.

Get fit, challenge yourself, measure yourself against your mates or that hill that beat you last time.

See places you would never see sitting behind the wheel of your car, literally go off the beaten track.