Table View / West Beach / Blouberg

Supersix EVO

Would anyone be interested in joining me every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday for a road cycle from 4:00 - 6:00.

The early morning training is getting a bit lonely and very dark out there.

TarmacSL2010-05-19 01:26:49

i have to ask this m8...when do u get some sleep?

u obviously have some time constraint issues so i know where u coming from... i have the same problem as i ride at night between 8:30-9:30PM if the weather is just ok.

LOL I know. sleeping is not high on my list at the moment. Luckily you get use to it and I wake up even before my alarm goes off.

the life of a cyclist. LOL

Unfortunately I have to leave my place at 6:30 in the morning for work and i just cant get myself to cycle after a hard days work.

so in the morning it is.

TarmacSL2010-05-20 00:50:58

If you are keen on doing the same thing on weekend mornings I may be keen to join.

Maybe a bit later though - like 5 or so.

Need to build up my base. DC is getting closer and closer again.

I commute to work so I wont be joining you for the weekdays though.

Where do you normally ride?

Hi Woofie

I would be keen to do Weekend rides but cant we do it at 6 or so. any sleep i can get I need to take.

Normally go out towards Stellenbosch / Franshoek. Or Chapmans peak. need to get the miles in so I am going to try and do between 120 - 150 on Saturday and Sunday.

Let me know.

Hi Tarmac, i sympathize for you, it is hard to juggle a full time often selfish work schedule with a competitive hobby such as cycling.

Just a thought, is it possible for you to cycle to work? If there are no showers present, then a work around such as this could work for you:

Cycle to the closest Virgin Active to your place of work in the mornings on the way to work, shower there and then cycle the remaining few km's to work, keep your bicycle with you at the office and  then cycle home.

dutchMan2010-05-25 04:05:01

Hi Tarmac' date=' i sympathize for you, it is hard to juggle a full time often selfish work schedule with a competitive hobby such as cycling.Just a thought, is it possible for you to cycle to work? If there are no showers present, then a work around such as this could work for you:Cycle to the closest Virgin Active to your place of work in the mornings on the way to work, shower there and then cycle the remaining few km's to work, keep your bicycle with you at the office and? then cycle home.

[/quote']

Yep, I used to do that as well.

There is normally a gym within a few km of work so you can "free wheel" the last few km from there to work.

I shower at work now. Makes life a bit easier.

Leave my wifes car here at work during the week with clothes for the week etc.

So I take the car in on monday (with the bike in the car) and then cycle, cycle, cycle, cycle, back home for weekend in car.

Tarmac.

I am sure we can arrange something.

Do you belong to the outriders or any club in the area?

If you do then we could set out for a 6am ride or something and then join up with the club at 7.30 or something for their ride.

(Even if you dont belong you can still ride with them, they are friendly)

The reason for me saying this is because I dont really like being on the road in very small numbers.

The more of you there is the better chance that the cars have seen you.

So us wandering down some very dark durbanville roads on the way to franshoek is probably not a very wise idea if we are only 2-4 riders.

Whats your take on things?

Also how fast are you riding?

What is your aspirations now? Are you building base at the moment?

Also do you only ride road?

Hey Woofie ... do you commute to Town

I leave from the Sunningdale area at 6am.

We take the MTB and have fun on the way in

Hi Tarmac' date=' i sympathize for you, it is hard to juggle a full time often selfish work schedule with a competitive hobby such as cycling.

Just a thought, is it possible for you to cycle to work? If there are no showers present, then a work around such as this could work for you:

Cycle to the closest Virgin Active to your place of work in the mornings on the way to work, shower there and then cycle the remaining few km's to work, keep your bicycle with you at the office and  then cycle home.

[/quote']

Thanks for your input. I normal would cycle to work but sometimes it just is not possible as I need to work from home at night and need to carry lots of stuff with me. But I try to do so as much as possible.

Hey Hairy,

No, I go to belleville.

So koeberg rd, plattekloof, hendrick verwoed, frans conradie and a cut through the suburb to get to sanlam.

Is quite lonely on the road.

Just me and a bucket load of cars.

Guy who works with me joins me once or twice a week.

How many guys join you now?

Nobody (Hub User) is my regular commuting buddy and we often meet up with other riders ... during winter though the numbers of bikes on the road have dropped.

Tarmac.

I am sure we can arrange something.

Do you belong to the outriders or any club in the area?

If you do then we could set out for a 6am ride or something and then join up with the club at 7.30 or something for their ride.

(Even if you dont belong you can still ride with them' date=' they are friendly)

The reason for me saying this is because I dont really like being on the road in very small numbers.

The more of you there is the better chance that the cars have seen you.

So us wandering down some very dark durbanville roads on the way to franshoek is probably not a very wise idea if we are only 2-4 riders.

Whats your take on things?

Also how fast are you riding?

What is your aspirations now? Are you building base at the moment?

Also do you only ride road?

[/quote']

I dont belong to a club yet. first would like to check out the clubs around.

We can do that no problem, if they would not mind me joining in the club ride.

I try and ride a 200 watt average over the long rides, not worried about speed. I am in a base building phase at the moment and would like to do base for the next couple of weeks.

Road and MTB.

Hey Hairy' date='

No, I go to belleville.

So koeberg rd, plattekloof, hendrick verwoed, frans conradie and a cut through the suburb to get to sanlam.

[/quote']

Dude you work right across from me in Bellville. Maybe I must change my plans and join you in the mornings. what time do you leave and from where.

Hey Hairy' date='

No, I go to belleville.

[/quote']Dude you work right across from me in Bellville. Maybe I must change my plans and join you in the mornings. what time do you leave and from where.

That is so funny!

Where do you work?

I normally leave at around 7, from my house.

I live almost on the corner of gie and raats.

What time do you need to be at work?

Do you have showers there?