cyclelab broke my fork !!!!!!

coola

3 weeks ago i damaged my fork and the cable for the remote lock out needed to be replaced (a simple job) after calling them 4 times for updates i was told the fork was not able to be repaired and that no parts were avaliable ..... got the fork back and sent it to another workshop and after we took the for apart we found they had broke the lock out assemb inside the fork !!!!

how do i prove they had handled the fork badly and broke it ? dust for finger prints ?

Hi

1st story...I took a Merida cardon in for a service and quality check before i sold it to another mountain biker,the services cost me R.2100.00 and got a clean bill of health,the new owner took it home and phoned me an hour later to tell me the frame has broken,i phoned cycle lab and told them about it ,they said its got nothing to do with then.even after the brake was due to a over tightened bolt.I had to refund the money. 

2nd story..I took in a Rock shox sid for a service and they told me they send it away and it will cost R.600.00 for everything,a week later i get the shock back and get my bike ready for the 94.7.mext morning will doing my final setup the shocks are flat,so i pump them up to presure they did not even last 10 km.Itook them back the next week and the problem carried on for a mounth untill i replaced them.

The question is why do we take our bike the the BIG CYCLE SHOPS WHEN THE F*%K THEM UP AND DO NOTHING ABOUT IT ????

Regards

Ab

i need to catch these f**kers !!!!!!! to replace this fork (olf fork i knw but top spec even now ) will be aroung 5k!! im screwd now .......do i claim from insurence

Unfortunatley this is a problem with the fork and the remote lockout mechanism. I too had a skareb which broke and got the same reply from the LBS. It is unlikely that your LBS broke your shock. You will need to send it to the Manitou agents in George to get it fixed. Not worth it. Buy a shock that can be serviced easily and has plenty spares available (in 4 years time). 

i hear you bull bar .. but the fact is ..the lock out assem's thread has been gouged flat ...and the alli piston is bent !......fox shock cost 700 to 900 rand for a service ...and a good rock shox cost 5k ....so like a car the plan is to change every 3 years and pass on the troubles to someone else

I bought a Manitou R7 for R5k from CRC...The nice thing is the service manual that came with the fork...DIY baby, just the way I like it!!!

Are the bike machanics in LSB's trained or are they just chaps that could not find work and the LBS gave them one??

Get a fork from Kiwi and JB services it. Got one had a problem and got sorted, the fork is brilliant now. Pushed it hard down the hills at Lionman and is 100%. More than i can say for my rockshox that i popped quite easily.

It appears that most bike shops have people with no experience running the show, case in point would be my brakes at a LBS in Rustenburg, they damage my calipers, then try to blame me. Personally, I will never again let a LBS touch my machine, much the same as no-one but me services my computers, motorbike, 4x4, car and power tools, if I want it broken, I can do that myself!

So your bike is all forked up.Wink

This is exactly why I do my own work. Like the Mojoman said, "I can break it all by myself."

better stil i have stil not recieved a call by the manager .... i have emailed yet still no reply

I'll shop for bits, clothes and parts wherever I get good prices, but for servicing I'll do it myself or go to my small LBS where I speak to the owner mechanic directly. And a Fox service and seal replacement should not cost R700 - 900 unless they are doing bushes too, surely?