Low UST pressure = rim knock

Domin8tr

So the whole idea of running UST systems is to get the tyre pressure down. I weigh about 90kg and if I run my tyres lower than 28psi and i hit a sharp edge I connect my rim. My Crossmarks are rated 30 to 60 psi.

Am I in the right neighborhood here or do I need to shave some weight off, to run lower pressure?

Are those UST tyres though? I weigh 95k's and run my Nevegals 20psi front, 25rear and have never had an issue.

Clearly the pressure is too low for what you're expecting from the tyres. Up the pressure until you dont' bump through. Knocks like that damage the rim.

Dont run over sharp rocks. I use the same pressure as Crow. 20&25 psi...on non UST tyres. And I've never had any issues.

But this would also depend on if your're sitting on the bike or unweighting it over the rocks right, or not ?

But this would also depend on if your're sitting on the bike or unweighting it over the rocks right' date=' or not ? [/quote']

And other factors like, the sharpness of the rock edge,  speed and the steepness of the decline.....