What's with the french-bashing?

Thyolo

Now I'm as anti-french as the next Englishman, it's kind of absorbed through the skin growing up - maybe SA can relate to that.

But I know it's really a bit silly (except they do smell of garlic & speak funny -  oops) & I can pack those feelings away when I need to.

So why on the doping threads are there plenty of insinuations by Hubbers of bias against the french labs for non-french riders?

A frenchman has not won the TDF since 1985 - I think they're used to it by now.  Just like the english invented football, cricket, rugby and conkers; we're woeful in 3 out of the 4 but hardly try to swing things in our favour.

The testing must be by the rules of the International Cycling body and if Hubbers can question the fairness then those closest to cycling will also have looked into this and be comfortable with the arrangements they have with the labs.

Positive-tested riders cast about for all kinds of foolishness to muddy the waters and, for me,  the anti-french thing falls into this category, and it's demeaning.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its largely to do with the Mr Armstrong / Mr Landis and their ilk insinuating that all french labs hate American riders (or any other nationality rider for that matter) of course, it dosnt help that a lot of folk are just like sponges,.............. and absorb all this baloney and regurgitate it at regular intervals when it suits them.

Most of them have no opinion of their own and little interest in forming one in the near future. 

You mean the English still win international conkers tournaments?!https://www.bikehub.co.za/smileys/smiley2.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Wink" />

Nope came third last year, behind Khazakstan (who later withdrew because their key player BORAT was unable to finish the championship- something about PAM) and Lichtenstein (which doesn't count because they so small they have only one chestnut tree). smiley36.gif

Usually MichH - but you'll see from the Conker World Championship results below that the French appear to have a showing in this too:

TEAM CHAMPIONS

YEAR

MEN?S TEAM CHAMPIONS

LADIES? TEAM CHAMPIONS

Chequered Skipper ?B? Team

Chequered Skipper ?B? Team

The Crocodile

The Brigstock International Quartet

The Wilpave Swingers

Sebright Arms

Nutcracker Suite

Nelson Nutcrackers

The Minge Petals

Nauort 2

Sebright Arms

Absolutely Hammered

Wilpave Sweeties

Barton Seagrave Bashers

The Minge Petals

Royal Oak Resistance

France Fillies

Elton Wasps

Castle Green Conkerers

No Strings Attached

Magnificent 7 Minus 3

Daniel Lambert Dining Club

Les Filles Francais

Peterborough Nutters

Magnificent 7 Minus 3

Celtic Conkerors

France

maybe its the fact that EVERY single positive result gets leaked to the press before being released officially.

I don't really see what the issue is with the leaks.  Sure its an infringement of rights, but that has little to do with whether the test was positive or not.  The failure of USADA lab to release the results of a rider last year meant that a number of riders were cheated out of their prize-money as the guy continued to ride until all was finalised and he was sanctioned.  At the moment, I don't think the cyclists have enough credibility to demand rights to privacy.

no bashing the frenchies, the LAB... I think its stupid to have a French Lab /only a French lab doing testing for the Tour! Who do you think they'd like to win?

I find it ironic that the French boo Rasmussen and yet the majority of them seem to have always loved Virenque, possibly the biggest tour drug-taker ever.

I find it ironic that the French boo Rasmussen and yet the majority of them seem to have always loved Virenque' date=' possibly the biggest tour drug-taker ever. [/quote'] ClapClapClapClapClapClap Exactly!!!!100% They virtually canonized Virenque the cheat and dopehead!!

I think with the tour being in France they use a french lab?  Leaks are a universal phenomenon (though the welsh seem particularly keen on them).

The anti-fishing lobby have established that conkers, too, have feelings and are lobbying for legislation but until passed Delgado, Horse Chestnut abuse continues.

This should be reason enough to forgive the French for anything they've ever done, or will do.

Napalm2007-07-26 05:49:48