L'equipe Thursday 26th

Irishj9

Translation:

"...Rabobank surrendered last night, in the hours following his sickening "triumph" on the summit of the Aubisque, to the pressure of the Tour Organisers, who could no longer allow this pseudo-champion to proceed in Yellow to the Champs Elysees, dragging  in his wake so many lies and suspicions.

... A podium shared, on Sunday, by Contador, Evans and Leipheimer doesnt inspire any of us. But, above all that, in delisting in the last couple of days its supposed hero Vinokourov, and the current dominator of the race Rasmussen, has the Tour finally taken the upper hand?"

Irishj92007-07-26 04:39:14

What happened lol

In JUNE IN THE DOLOMITES

Davide Cassani, former professional and now a consultant to RAI, confirms that Rasmussen was not in Mexico in June.

" You said the other day on RAI, that you had seen Rasmussen training in the Dolomites?"

"Certainly. It was during the stage to Tignes - July 15th. I said I saw him training in June, in the rain, in the Dolomites. It was about the middle of June, the 13th or 14th, I dont remember exactly. I said it on air to wake people up, to try to portray a sympathetic image of the rider who is so under fire. I wanted to show a rounded picture, that in some aspects he is a model professional.

You repeated this story on Danish TV and on the German  channel  ZDF?

This morning a Danish colleague wished to interview me. He heard my story on RAI and wanted to confirm it.  After that, my telephone hasnt stopped ringing. That simple statement seems to have started so much action.

What are your thoughts now?

If my testimony has this importance, it is because it perhaps contradicts certain statements by Rasmussen, I dont know too much about that, whatever he told his manager Thoe de Rooy.

If that is the case, some people are using my testimony to chase him off the Tour, or from Rabobank, and that places me in a very difficult situation, at the centre of a conflict, and in a very delicate position.

I am concerned that I have created a ( bad) situation..........

20070726_045728_cassani.JPG

Irishj92007-07-26 05:15:23

Clerc - President of ASO -

The games are over!

"We knew well that there were many lies surrounding Rasmussen, many areas of shadow. He was caught out by reality. He lied about his preparation. In a period of crisis, cycling cannot have as a leader, who also is the Yellow Jersey in the Tour, somebody who is not a shining example. Once his lies were verified, his team made a good decision. I believe what has happened on this tour is enormously important, the world of cycling is learning that the games are over. This time we are serious."

Irishj92007-07-26 04:53:55

So....Wink

Rasmussen has not actualy tested positive for anything and was spotted training in the italian mountains instead of the Mexican mountains.. Sounds pretty harmless to me Ouch

Would be interesting to see a breakdown of where he claims thought he was compared to where he was seen, i mean did he just get a few days mixed up or was it weeks...

SwissVan2007-07-26 05:55:35

"Certainly. It was during the stage to Tignes - July 15th. I said I saw him training in June, in the rain, in the Dolomites. It was about the middle of June, the 13th or 14th, I dont remember exactly

so only Rasmussen look like Rasmussen!!! No other person can look similar to HIM!!

I don't remember exactly - is there actually concrete proof that it was Rasmussen in Italy???? AngryAngryAngryAngry

"Certainly. It was during the stage to Tignes - July 15th. I said I saw him training in June' date=' in the rain, in the Dolomites. It was about the middle of June, the 13th or 14th, I dont remember exactly

so only Rasmussen look like Rasmussen!!! No other person can look similar to HIM!!

I don't remember exactly - is there actually concrete proof that it was Rasmussen in Italy???? AngryAngryAngryAngry
[/quote']

Good point - you should be a defense lawyerClap

lol a Colonel....excellent.

If Rasmussen had a good excuse, he wouldnt have left the tour.

His lie was exposed, and he knew it