Johnny Koen

Azonic

When he isn't on Tv, what does he do for a living? Translate for the deaf? Can the oke for once please do an interview or intro without talking with his hands!

I think it is a very unfair comment to make. Johnny Koen is one of the true gentleman of cycling in SA and by far the best commentator in the country.

When he isn't on Tv, what does he do for a living?

He makes Velotex clothing.

Azonic, very easy to be an armchair critic. Mr Koen for you that is, is better than many other most other cycling commentators, even the guy that currently does the Giro on SuperSport. I also dont understand what you mean by what he does for a living? Anyway, you are surely too bored in life to start such a silly negative thread

Ag, take a chill pill you all. Yes, he is a true gentleman and very clued up on his cycling and all the goings on in the cycling world. I agree, the best SA has to offer.

My point is how ridiculous would it look if SABC field reporters started gesturing with their hands for everything they are saying?

Yes, its not a biggie, just something I (ME, EK, i-Me), finds irritating. Say what you will, that's my opinion.

Excellent commentator, knows his stuff. Cant say i've ever noticed it him using excessive hand gestures, but now i'll most probably look out for it.

Scotty, that's that problem I've got! I look more at his hands than what he's saying! I got no issues with him, I'm just mesmerized by the gestures when he's on Tv!

I think I've spoiled him for you now! LOL

Johnny is a real professional and a great commentator. He also knows a lot about SA racing.

Allow me to hijack your thread with a similar annoyance.

Where the hell did Paul Cordes get that accent from? It's half Afrikaans, half American, half Portuguese and 150% annoying.

Right. Bring it on!

Jonny Koen is a super guy! Was a pretty fantastic rider in his day too.. Won quite a few races!! The nice thing is he never goes on about how it was in his riding days, or his results, he just loves the sport... super humble guy!!

Mr. Jonny is truely a great man to know. Never says nothing negative, or at least in public, about no one.

But yes I have also noticed the hand movements, only watched the show once.  But he is by FAR better, untouched, than the guy doing the Giro at the moment . .

Yes I agree...knows his job well but maybe spend more on his Velotex business and offer clients a better service!!

Johny is a fantastic person and one of the few gentlemans in our game. Always have a joke, knows his cycling and never run someone down in public.

We raced together for many years and he was one of the most clever riders in the game.

Can't say I am annoyed by his hand gestures, I also use my hands a plenty when I talk.

At least this thread has painted a great picture of what a super guy he is.