Johnny Koen

Azonic

I sat with him in a car at the end of the Giro del Capo, signal hill climb- what a great guy-kept his ands very stillHug

Allow me to hijack your thread with a similar annoyance.

Where the hell did Paul Cordes get that accent from? It's half Afrikaans' date=' half American, half Portuguese and 150% annoying.

Right. Bring it on![/quote']

Same place as Anke Erlank.......probably 90% put on.They dont speak Afrikaans like that

Allow me to hijack your thread with a similar annoyance. Where the hell did Paul Cordes get that accent from? It's half Afrikaans' date=' half American, half Portuguese and 150% annoying. Right. Bring it on![/quote']

?

Same place as Anke Erlank.......probably 90% put on.They dont speak Afrikaans like that

The trouble is that every now and then the accent switches back to pure Boksburg. Accompanied by shouts in our house of 'Twat!'

Mr. Jonny is truely a great man to know. Never says nothing negative' date=' or at least in public, about no one.

But yes I have also noticed the hand movements, only watched the show once.  But he is by FAR better, untouched, than the guy doing the Giro at the moment . .
[/quote']

AAAARRGGGHHH - that american hack commentator doing the Giro is truly awful.

He's like Murray Walker and Gerald de Kok rolled into one. As Murray he keeps going "thats Cunego no umm thats Evans riding the uhhh bike - no wait it's Basso - no it's Evans - I can see the rainbow stripes" and as Gerald "Captain Obvious" de Kok he keeps regurgetating keys words like peleton, maglia rosa, head of the pack and stating stupidly obvious things like "and now we have 55km to go" - sure we do - we can read it off the screen like you can. Oh and I love when the names of the break away come up and he reads then. Badly. With the fakest italian accent ever. Even french names get the italian accent.

Who is this Veen ock Karov guy anyway LOL

Count to 10 Eldron count to 10!!!!

Phew.

Here endeth the overly emotional rant and completely subjective rant.

As you were.

he is also a guitarist in a band.

That might explain possible hearing damage..Big%20smile

Eldron' date=' did you just hijack my hijack? smiley24.gif [/quote']

Indeed!

Johnny Koen is a stand up kinda guy - I approached him for some team clothing a few years back, met him at a coffee shop and ending up reminiscing about the good olde days of Robbie Mac, Franise Kruger, Topsport TV3, Willie Engelbrecht and Southern Sun Hotel's team. Ahhhhhh.

/highjack off

Hold on - I was talking about Johnny.

Never mind Tongue

Jeez, I almost remember those days Smile

Sounds like you're almost as old as Johnny. Wink

Allow me to hijack your thread with a similar annoyance. Where the hell did Paul Cordes get that accent from? It's half Afrikaans' date=' half American, half Portuguese and 150% annoying. Right. Bring it on![/quote']

The trouble is that every now and then the accent switches back to pure Boksburg. Accompanied by shouts in our house of 'Twat!'

+1