Calls to scrap 'Tour de Farce'

RABUBI

Not impossible. Sky News also reported last night that two small explosive devices was detonated along the route...... drug fiasco as well as a terror scare may cause the froggies to pre-empt and pull the plug. Maybe just have the last stage in Paris????????

Discovery and T-Mobile (SPONSORS) are not coming back next year....

Also Le Blanc (old TDF director) has called for the Tour to be shortened - saying they've created their own worst monstor - 3500kms over 21 days will result in doping.

A shorter, more realistic (to plebs like us) Tour may be on the cards.

What a shame !!!!

10Two2007-07-26 05:37:26

Discovery and T-Mobile (SPONSORS) are not coming back next year....

Also Le Blanc (old TDF director) has called for the Tour to be shortened - saying they've created their own worst monstor - 3500kms over 21 days will result in doping.

A shorter' date=' more realistic (to plebs like us) Tour may be on the cards.

What a shame !!!!

[/quote']

Not so sure about the shorter route theory 10two..

Its human nature to cheat no matter what... Ive known guys who doped for races lasting 2hrs or less...

Zapiro in the Mail & Guardian

http://www.mg.co.za/ContentImages/314998/26-jul07x.gif

I wonder if that French Lab's gonna be involved with the Rugby World Cup. And whether they'll call for that to be stopped if they find dopers!

I wonder if that French Lab's gonna be involved with the Rugby World Cup. And whether they'll call for that to be stopped if they find dopers!

Ooo kaka now your making a few bokkies, kiwis and 'roo's worried LOL

Its human nature to cheat no matter what... Ive known guys who doped for races lasting 2hrs or less...

I think Andrew McLean has put it in very good in perspective after one of the stages:  he said its also illegal to rob banks, but still people still rob banks...

I cheated once playing marbles in grade2 ....stepped over the line when no one was looking.. sorry guys  

I think Andrew McLean has put it in very good in perspective after one of the stages:  he said its also illegal to rob banks' date=' but still people still rob banks...[/quote']

I agree, but we're at the point where the implication is that everyone leaving a bank has just robbed it.

I think Andrew McLean has put it in very good in perspective after one of the stages:  he said its also illegal to rob banks' date=' but still people still rob banks...[/quote']

I agree, but we're at the point where the implication is that everyone leaving a bank has just robbed it.

Nah you got it the wrong way round, anyone entering a bank is about to get robbed... Wink pleez donna tella my wife... she weks for da bank.

SwissVan2007-07-26 06:03:43

Gourette - One French newspaper proclaimed the doping-tainted Tour de France "dead" on Thursday and urged organisers to cancel the event' date=' a day after race leader Michael Rasmussen was ousted by his team.

Read the rest on news 24

[/quote']

Sorry RABUBI - unintenional hijack -> back to your topic..

Quite ironic that some froggies are wanting to stop the race, would have thought that they would be waving the TDF flag instead and the rest of the world would be calling it quits?

Nah you got it the wrong way round' date=' anyone entering a bank is about to get robbed... Wink pleez donna tella my wife... she weks for da bank.

[/quote']

so true , not really. You get robbed the second you sign your application.

Maybe I am asleep but why was the Astana team not allowed to continue minus Vino ??? yet the Dane is sacked & screwed up but the team is allowed to continue ???

Ps Explain -

"DT"

Maybe I am asleep but why was the Astana team not allowed to continue minus Vino ??? yet the Dane is sacked & screwed up but the team is allowed to continue ???

Ps Explain -

"DT"

it was Astana's decission as a team not to continue and remember they actually had a + result , Rabobank on the other hand didn't, its just one rider who lied to team managment...

Ps Explain -

"DT"

it was Astana's decission as a team not to continue and remember they actually had a + result ' date=' Rabobank on the other hand didn't, its just one rider who lied to team managment...
[/quote']

same as cofidis