Rietvlei Zoo Farm

Gatiepie

I don't know who in here are in charge of the Rietvlei Zoo Farm, but I have to compliment you on a wonderful venue with fun for the whole family. I took my 4yr old daughter to ride the single track and she absolutely loved it (apart from riding into a tree and making a 135 degree turn too quickly). I also did all the trails in the venue and I have to admit I nearly soiled myself with the bull-run down at the south of the farm. Thoes drops were rather scary amazing and those fast sweeping tracks in the grassland were awesomely fast! And can someone tell me who Wendel is that had to take revenge of me 2 times? Great job guys!

That is probably the best managed MTB venue in Gauteng. Did you see the bike stand set up with a hose for you to wash your bike off? They constantly maintain the trails and I hear the Tuesday and Thurday night rides are a must.

I didn't see that. I was at the picnic area with my family so I didn't explore all the facilities. Coming to think of it, my bike was covered in mud (and so was I) and it would have been easier to get rid of it before it dried completely.....

Wendell Bole is the chap who owns the Cycle Hub shop at the farm. One of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Him n his team build and maintain the trails on a daily basis and are always adding in new stuff.

The night rides are awesome, just dress warm now that winter's here...

Hi

Excuse my ignorance, but where is Rietvlei Zoo Farm?

Address and area. What is the entry cost?

Thanks

It is in Swartkoppies road, Alberton. Go to the web to get there exact co-ordinates (http://www.rietvleilifestylecentre.co.za/). We went for the picnic so it costed us R25 per adult and R15 per kid and R30 for the car. I think when you cycle there only and you park outside you pay nothing although I could be wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest eyecandy

Went there yesterday with the JMBC....wow! great venue, well maintained, fantastic riding and awesome single tracks with lots of technical stuff Thumbs%20Up

• 2 weeks later...

That is probably the best managed MTB venue in Gauteng. Did you see the bike stand set up with a hose for you to wash your bike off? They constantly maintain the trails and I hear the Tuesday and Thurday night rides are a must.

I think your avatar pic really sucks

I'm a roadie, but we run all our cross country events there. And what an awesome place!!!!

Big up to Wendell!