Understanding Doping

SaddleSore

sounds good.. sign me up for some

"After the EPO kicked in, I rode a 200-miler and I felt strong, fresh, ready to hammer. The next day I easily could have ridden another 200. It all started to make sense: recovering this fast would be a huge advantage in a stage race like the Tour de France."

hahaha - this says it all

"I understood what five-time Tour winner Jacques Anquetil meant back in 1967 when he said, "You'd have to be an imbecile or a hypocrite to imagine that a professional cyclist who rides 235 days a year can hold himself together without stimulants.""

Thanks SaddleSore, it is an extremely interesting article and good to know as I would never have the guts to do what that guy did...I like it all au-nautral thanks, even if I don't win anything and take forever to recover.Big%20smile

Very interesting article.  I personally would be a bit scared to try half of what he tried.  I believe in strong doses of vitamins and minerals and that's all.  These other chemicals would probably make me madder than I already am.

But thanks for the link. A good read

Very interesting article.  I personally would be a bit scared to try half of what he tried.  I believe in strong doses of vitamins and minerals and that's all.  These other chemicals would probably make me madder than I already am.

I have a "secret" recipe that I drink just before a race....better but NOT AS STRONG AS EPO.

1 tbl spoon Handy Andy

1 tea spoon Aromat

1 tea spoon Oats

2 grams Marmite

Mix the ingredients till thick paste and swallow!

I have a "secret" recipe that I drink just before a race....better but NOT AS STRONG AS EPO.

1 tbl spoon Handy Andy

1 tea spoon Aromat

1 tea spoon Oats

2 grams Marmite

Mix the ingredients till thick paste and swallow!

You gotta stop yanking our chain AL!  Handy Andy?!?! Would be funny if it wasn't so potentailly lethal.  Industrial cleaner?  Is it supposed to strip your intestines to make you lighter or just give you the runs so you rush to finish and get to to the toilets?

Aromat will prolly supply the required level of artificial stimulants and colourants to keep a toddler hyper for a week and Marmite will get you gout going, so I will stick to having the oats.

The rest is nuts. Not that I have anything against nuts...

Im still divided whether I want to be educated or be ignorant.

I'll never condone doping....but, I can understand why riders like Vino and co decide to follow that route....