Wendesday evening ride

Chris Willemse

We will have our weekly night ride again this coming Wendesday evening from Chris Willemse Cycles in Tygervalley. Last week we had 48 riders.

We will have two rides and will be as follows:

18.15. Not so fit riders and beginners. We will have a following service vehicle.

18.30. This is more for the fitter cyclist and they will also have a following vehicle behind them.

Rules:

No helmet NO ride

No lights NO ride

Everyone starts together and will all finish together.

For any information contact me at 083 640 4823
Chris Willemse2010-05-24 06:11:27

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a Nite Ride on 98% Tar and 2% Gravel but can be done with a road bike as well:-P

It's a Nite Ride on 98% Tar and 2% Gravel but can be done with a road bike as well:-P

Bitch!

20100524_083153_geoff.gif

Two groups - that is the best news I heard all week.

Last week I was at the 4way crossing when the main bunch was two thirds up malanshoogte !

I did not have a very good headlight - so was not going to try and chase them down the other side - decided to turn back and take Visserhok home.

I did not see a following vehicle ? - but there were 2 guys behind me and another about 2 km back who had broken his chain. 

I now assume there must have been a slower group much further back ...with the following vehicle ?  

Anyway - For others thinking of joining - don't forget your week-end MTB tires at their 30psi ! like I did - I will remember to pump them moer hard this time !

Hi Louncge Lizard

Thanks for your posting but I can assure you that we always have a vehicle behind the last person. The rider with the broken chain were picked up by us. Hope we see you on Wendesday

Hi Chris - thank you for the reply - sorry, but I was not suggesting that there was no following vehicle - just that I did not see it and therefore LATER realised there must have been guys still coming and thankfully slower than me ... who had the support vehicle with them (i.e. behind last person) - and that perhaps I should have waited.

We really appreciate you folks organising this and your time etc. given for the back-up vehicle.

Lets hope the weather is good again on Wed.

Thanks to everyone who turned up last night for our weekly ride from Chris Willemse Cycles. Not only were it the most riders ever - 52 riders - but also a fantastic evening.

The training group that left at 18.15 [ 16 riders ] and were only caught at Malans hoogte. It was nice seeing the main group of 36 riders closing the gap going up Malans hoogte. Specail word of thanks to everybody who did the ride last night as well as for JJ from Classic Cycles and WP chairman , Chris Basson who helped with the backup for the 18.30 group.

Hope to see more riders on Wendesday  2nd June.
Chris Willemse2010-05-27 01:57:59

Thx Chris Snr / Jnr and every one involved, got a nice little workout last night:-D

Bly ek kan jou so bietjie motivate;), jy't my amper gehad, my bene was sat na daai klim!