LandMines

fridge

Ok This is kinda almost Random.

Like Most Tuesday Mornings got up early to cycle to work.

Get ready, get dressed, pack my bag etc.

Take the bike out of the flat and swear cause it is damn cold.

So I decide to take it slow this morning cause it is cold but i still cycle down the semi downhill trails on my way to work.

When I got to work I gave my bike a quick brush of like every other morning.

Then the terrible smell hits ......... LANDMINE .... i drove through a damn f f____ing Landmine on my way to work and I am still of the theory that it was a human landmine and not a dog landmine. I Still tried to brush my bike off, went and found the closest piece of grass to go and well try to use that to get it of ..... Got a lot of T.P ....I got Most of it of but That smell still lingers in the back of my throught and now i cant even think about eating my breakfast.

THIS IS BS if I Find the Sucker That Dropped that Landmine i am going to staple his arse shut (plus i cant get the smell out of my bike that is standing in the office [Gonna move the thing some where else after this post and hope it will be safe there]).

fridge2010-05-25 00:22:51

Shlt happens he LOL ' date=' in your case it really happened[/quote']

.....and then it splattersWink 

Nope No splatter ...I think ... I hope

I feel violated but it would be more funny if it happend to someone else

fridge2010-05-25 00:37:43

Better check your clothing . Has a nasty habit of being flung up by the rear tyre. ...I know, it's happened to me once and it landed on the seat and halfway up my back. Luckily it was dogs.

I am Lucky that no flinging happend to my knowledge ... hmmm there is a car wash next to work think i should take it there during lunch time and get tires washed and polished.

Guest Agteros

How sure are you that a recent cycling race has not started there earlier on that section of road?

sorry to say but if its human crap, the smell is there to stay. ive ridden through it a couple times and the only workable solution was to scrub the spot with boiling water and dettol a couple of times, and over time, the stench went away. with one tyre i actually just threw it out because of the foul smell. doggie poo is much easier to deal with. the smell goes away easily, which makes me think that humans are just the most disgusting creatures, below dogs even. many of the trails up north are walking paths for vagrants and hobos, and for some reason they love sh*tting on or near to paths. down here in the cape most of the trails are on nature reserve land and farms, thus only dog problems.

on another note, those who ride at northern farms needs to be careful of not ingesting cow crap. sometimes its easy to when riding through those smelly puddles and pats. a mate of mine got really really sick from bacteria he ingested from cow poo.

Got a similar problem where I ride, I have to go past/around a small squatter camp and it looks like no-one bothers to take a dump off the path! I do not use those water bottles with a spout anymore due to possible ingestion of crap!

Been mined before, one of my worst rides ever, smelt almost as bad as when a Kiewiet bombed me from above and hit me square in a face. Dunno what Kiewiets eat but it's siff and makes the average landmine smell like CK1.

sorry to say but if its human crap' date=' the smell is there to stay. ive ridden through it a couple times and the only workable solution was to scrub the spot with boiling water and dettol a couple of times, and over time, the stench went away. with one tyre i actually just threw it out because of the foul smell. doggie poo is much easier to deal with. the smell goes away easily, which makes me think that humans are just the most disgusting creatures, below dogs even. many of the trails up north are walking paths for vagrants and hobos, and for some reason they love sh*tting on or near to paths. down here in the cape most of the trails are on nature reserve land and farms, thus only dog problems.

on another note, those who ride at northern farms needs to be careful of not ingesting cow crap. sometimes its easy to when riding through those smelly puddles and pats. a mate of mine got really really sick from bacteria he ingested from cow poo. [/quote']

Canids (or other carnivores) generally have "nicer" poo than primates (vegetatians or omnivores) - probably the simpler diet?  There are some exceptions.