Hunter's view on Doping

20 Cent

Tongue great site there!! where has it been? or where have I been? Anyway to the issue at hand, I think Rob has hit the spot there!! who runs this lab???Angry

Possibly because of the advanced medical technology required in order to confirm whether or not the blood has been doped?

Maybe this French lab, because it has been doing it for so long - is the only one that is capable of "outsmarting" the athletes who are trying to 'outsmart' them??

I dunno - that's the only reason I can think of that would allow for the same lab to always do these tests...

Agree though - them leaking the stories to the press makes something stink to high heaven...

And the above isn't really a good enough reason not to allow a different lab to do the tests - hell, why not give it to 3 labs, and see what happens?

I bet you'd have a situation whereby all 3 labs would never come out with the same result - probably because the amounts being found are so small that it would depend on the individual lab and its internal parameters wrt being able to conclusively say that "yes this blood sample has been tamepered with"...

Different safety standards in different countries - different results.

This is possibly why the powers that be want only one lab to test - so that everyone's blood is tested/painted by the same brush - thus you have one set of standards that everyone must pas...

This does actually make sense - BUT the obvious problem is the HUGE associated risk of corruption....

Interesting thoughts though by Robbie.

Seems like he has a good head on his shoulders.

He better stay clean!

Titus - I am absolutely gobsmacked by your signature LOL...

Duct tape. The force. Oprah.

Beautiful.

Who would've thought those 3 concepts could be joined together...

Something that still bothers me about the Vino result:

He was already a hero for previous exploits and a TT win is not enough of a motivation for him to cheat.

He knew he would be tested, he knew he would be suspended. he knew he would be out the tour, end of career and a huge smudge against his name for running a cycling team in the future - especially in tye TDF or Protour.

So either he (and his medical support) did actually use his father's blood thinking the DNA wouldn't be detected... I cant believe anybody in their position would be so stupid.

Or something else???

Titus - I am absolutely gobsmacked by your signature LOL...

Duct tape. The force. Oprah.

Beautiful.

Who would've thought those 3 concepts could be joined together...

Everyone in the known universe wants to duct tape Oprah down with force, this is just another (subtler) interpretation thereof.

Shame - I gave Hunter credit for being a bit more intelligent than that.  Seems he is one of those who should rather keep his mouth shut than confirm he is an idiot.

The reason it is always the French lab during the Tour is because the Tour is in France.  Same reason that the Vuelta tests are always in Spain and the Giro tests are somewhere else (Switzerland).  Anyway - Chatenay-Malabry has not had more questions asked of it if you consider they do more tests than the other labs and consequently produce more positive results.  Every time an cheat is caught he/she claims the process was ineffective.  Off the top of my head I can only think of Inigo Landuluse test that was set aside for procedural error.  The testing there was done by the Madrid lab.  However, Heras also questioned the Madrid labs protocol and his case was thrown out by CAS.  In all other cases I can think of there has not been any real evidnece of procedural error that influenced the result.  Perhaps USADA and/or CAS will decide otherwise with Landis but from what I have seen Landis should lose both his initial disciplinary hearing and the subsequent CAS appeal as Hamilton did.  That reminds me Hamilton did get off on a technicality because of the frozen blood sample which meant his B sample was not available.

As for the leaks - I'm afraid we are not dealing with a military installation.  The leaks are more due to the fact that l'Equipe takes their role as public protector against the scourge of doping seriously and has spent money planting moles within the lab in France.  No doubt if they put the same amount of effort into other labs they would get as many tasty titbits.  It seems that Gazetto is able to get leaked info out of Madrid as well so it is not limited by any means to the French.

When it comes down to it.  Leaks or no leaks, and minor procedural errors or not, if the athletes have been cheating and are caught they deserve what they get.  Hunter's tone suggests that the results are in question.  They are not.  Landis,Vino,Moreni etc are guilty.

As for why Vino did it.  Simple - he f**ked up and ended up with the wrong blood.  Same as Hamilton and Santi Perez.  Mystery solved.

Hey, maybe they should send everything to Bloem....Arnie just said that SA's doping lab-thing is in the Free State. haha...

erm....hmmm...maybe i should go to PTA for studies afterall...don't want to test positive for using 0.0031mg over the legal limit Oros when i race and train in Bloem too muchConfused

Sorry not gonna believe that a dude like Vino gets caught because his doctor put the wrong blood into him? Are doctors normally this neglectful? I don't think so, especially considering that other people have been caught for the same offence? Does not compute I'm afraid.

Hey' date=' maybe they should send everything to Bloem....Arnie just said that SA's doping lab-thing is in the Free State. haha...

[/quote']

And I do the testing..Big%20smile

schweeeeeet!!! Muds...jy's mos my maatjie n??Big%20smileBig%20smile Hoeveel chocolates soek jy per jaar om my naam skoon te hou?WinkLOL

schweeeeeet!!! Muds...jy's mos my maatjie n??Big%20smileBig%20smile Hoeveel chocolates soek jy per jaar om my naam skoon te hou?WinkLOL

Ek hou nie eintlik van chocolates nie....maar ons kan onderhandel...Big%20smile

As jy in Bloem bly hoef jy darem nie te dope nie...ons ry staaadig...

Ek hou nie eintlik van chocolates nie....maar ons kan onderhandel...Big%20smile

As jy in Bloem bly hoef jy darem nie te dope nie...ons ry staaadig...

GREAT! thanks Modder!HugCoolStar

Ja riiiiiiiiiiiiight...stadig se G@t!! Ek het al saam met van julle Bloem mense gaan ry...Confused Man...het seriously begin dink daaraan om met iets sterker (hmmm...dalk Coca Cola) te begin ry.LOL